2,000 CSTO troops participating in Search 2019 exercise
A special exercise Search 2019 [Poisk] involving reconnaissance forces and units of the Collective Security Treaty Organization member states is scheduled to take place in Belarus on 14-18 October, BelTA reports.
The exercise will take place in four exercise areas – Obuz-Lesnovsky, Domanovsky, Chepelevo, and Osipovichsky.
Military personnel from Armenia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Russia, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, and the operations group of the CSTO Joint Staff will demonstrate their combat skills during the exercise.
About 2,000 military personnel and over 250 units of hardware, including aerial ones, will be involved in the exercise. Taking part in the Search 2019 exercise will be reconnaissance forces of the CSTO collective rapid response forces, all kinds of reconnaissance forces from various units of the Belarusian army as well as personnel of the Internal Affairs Ministry and the Emergencies Ministry.
The exercise will focus on organizing and carrying out reconnaissance actions in the course of localizing a near-border armed conflict in the CSTO's Eastern Europe collective security region. The forces will practice preparing and deploying reconnaissance forces into designated areas by land, by air, and by other means. The organization of ambushes will be practiced, the blocking of illegal armed forces, and the liberation of populated localities.
The main purpose of the exercise is to improve cohesion of recon forces and command and control units in the course of carrying out missions. The tactical exercise Search 2019 is part of the strategic exercise Combat Brotherhood 2019.
- Statement of MFA of Armenia on the adoption of Resolution 296 affirming the US record on the Armenian Genocide by US House of Representatives
- Pushed by latest Turkey aggression, House passes resolution formally commemorating the Armenian Genocide. The Boston Globe
- Today is renowned Armenian actor Sos Sargsyan's birthday
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 2-3 degrees, in the daytime of 20 it will go down as much
- Armenian PM, President of Artsakh discuss mutual cooperation in Yerevan
- Recipe Corner: Stuffed Roma Tomatoes with Three Cheeses
- President of Armenia holds meeting with delegation of Confindustria Russia
- Coffee may be useful in the fight against diabetes, scientist say
- Armenia's Haypost wins first prize at Europa Stamps 2019
- 2,000 CSTO troops participating in Search 2019 exercise
- Nepal, China agree to remeasure height of Mt Everest: Times of India
- One of the rarest coins in the world dating back to 723AD goes on sale for £1.6MILLION
- Aronian and Hakobyan are half a point behind tournament leaders
- Armenian FM, OSCE MG Co-Chairs highlight formation of favorable environment for peace
- Japan Typhoon death toll rises: NHK
- Airbus delegation to visit Armenia at President’s invitation
- Armenian PM receives OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs
- Syrian army enters Manbij to block Turkey’s expansion
- Today is Global Handwashing Day
- Kim Kardashian “emotional” over visit to Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- US sanctions Turkish ministries over Syria offensive
- Remote working may increase stress, reduce well-being: study
- Lepsius House, Genocide Museum Signs Cooperation Agreement
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 3-4 degrees
- Holy Trinity Armenian Apostolic Church Bread Sticks (Simit)