Arshak Chopanyan's activities as an ADL member
An intellectual from birth, a publicist, a poet and a devoted political figure, a member of the Ramkavar Azatakan Party (ADL) Arshak Chopanyan, who was awarded the honorary title of ambassador of Armenian culture, put a lot of effort to protect Hay Dat.
Since the ADL's foundation, Arshak Chopanyan was a member of the party, and soon - in 1926, he was elected chairperson of the Central Board of the Ramkaar Azatakan Party (1926-1929).
As the chairperson of the party, he went to the United States for 9 months for organizational purposes and achieved significant success. Chopanyan also launched cultural activities, lecturing at a number of universities. Along with this, he was collecting donations to help the victims of the Leninakan earthquake (ADL took the most active part in helping the victims).
On the initiative of Chopanyan, the youth club “Yerevan” was founded in Boston, and upon returning from the USA, Chopanyan published his ideas about the future of the party in the press.
In August 1931, a general parliamentary congress of the ADL was convened, during which Arshak Chopanyan was elected a member of the Central Board of the party. He was twice a member of the editorial body of the political, public and literary newspaper “Apaga” in Paris.
- Statement of MFA of Armenia on the adoption of Resolution 296 affirming the US record on the Armenian Genocide by US House of Representatives
- Pushed by latest Turkey aggression, House passes resolution formally commemorating the Armenian Genocide. The Boston Globe
- Today is renowned Armenian actor Sos Sargsyan's birthday
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 2-3 degrees, in the daytime of 20 it will go down as much
- Recipe Corner: Stuffed Roma Tomatoes with Three Cheeses
- Armenian PM, President of Artsakh discuss mutual cooperation in Yerevan
- President of Armenia holds meeting with delegation of Confindustria Russia
- Coffee may be useful in the fight against diabetes, scientist say
- Armenia's Haypost wins first prize at Europa Stamps 2019
- 2,000 CSTO troops participating in Search 2019 exercise
- Nepal, China agree to remeasure height of Mt Everest: Times of India
- One of the rarest coins in the world dating back to 723AD goes on sale for £1.6MILLION
- Aronian and Hakobyan are half a point behind tournament leaders
- Armenian FM, OSCE MG Co-Chairs highlight formation of favorable environment for peace
- Japan Typhoon death toll rises: NHK
- Airbus delegation to visit Armenia at President’s invitation
- Armenian PM receives OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs
- Syrian army enters Manbij to block Turkey’s expansion
- Today is Global Handwashing Day
- Kim Kardashian “emotional” over visit to Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- US sanctions Turkish ministries over Syria offensive
- Remote working may increase stress, reduce well-being: study
- Lepsius House, Genocide Museum Signs Cooperation Agreement
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 3-4 degrees
- Holy Trinity Armenian Apostolic Church Bread Sticks (Simit)