Arshak Chopanyan's activities as an ADL member
An intellectual from birth, a publicist, a poet and a devoted political figure, a member of the Ramkavar Azatakan Party (ADL) Arshak Chopanyan, who was awarded the honorary title of ambassador of Armenian culture, put a lot of effort to protect Hay Dat.
Since the ADL's foundation, Arshak Chopanyan was a member of the party, and soon - in 1926, he was elected chairperson of the Central Board of the Ramkaar Azatakan Party (1926-1929).
As the chairperson of the party, he went to the United States for 9 months for organizational purposes and achieved significant success. Chopanyan also launched cultural activities, lecturing at a number of universities. Along with this, he was collecting donations to help the victims of the Leninakan earthquake (ADL took the most active part in helping the victims).
On the initiative of Chopanyan, the youth club “Yerevan” was founded in Boston, and upon returning from the USA, Chopanyan published his ideas about the future of the party in the press.
In August 1931, a general parliamentary congress of the ADL was convened, during which Arshak Chopanyan was elected a member of the Central Board of the party. He was twice a member of the editorial body of the political, public and literary newspaper “Apaga” in Paris.
- Alexis Ohanian welcomes Dwayne Johnson to Armenian "clan"
- 5 Day Weather Forecast
- Armenia to take part in World Championship with 9 weightlifters
- Liu Yifei: Mulan boycott urged after star backs HK police
- Siberian ulcer case recorded in Armenia
- “Forget-me-not” tower set to be built in Yerevan
- DOD Conducts Ground Launch Cruise Missile Test
- President Sarkissian, Khaldoon Al Mubarak meet in Manchester
- OSCE to conduct monitoring at Artsakh-Azerbaijan Line of Contact
- From Belgrade to Buenos Aires, these are the world's best party cities
- Oscars 2020 odds: Joaquin Phoenix and Once Upon a Time in Hollywood early favourites
- How social media affects girls' mental health: study
- Bulgur, Mint and Peach Salad Recipe
- George R.R. Martin: "Game Of Thrones" being over is "freeing"
- The air temperature will not essentially change
- International Photo Festival to be held in Yerevan
- Turkey Fires Kurdish Mayors Ahead of Military Push Into Syria - Bloomberg
- Iran warns U.S. against seizing Grace 1 oil tanker
- Study reveals over third of children and adolescents are passive smokers
- Danish PM hopes Trump ‘isn’t serious’ about buying Greenland: NYP
- Scientists on possible consequences of large-scale nuclear war
- Improvement of military positions is constant process: Armenia MOD
- Best food to lower high blood pressure
- Chinari village can no longer be fired at from Azerbaijan: Ararat Mirzoyan
- Messi completely recovered from calf injury