Festive public rally dedicated to 30th anniversary of Artsakh Movement organized in Stepanakert (Photos)
On Tuesday in Stepanakert a festive public rally and march was organized dedicated to 30th anniversary of Artsakh Movement. As Artsakhpress correspondent reports, participants of the march walked along the capital’s central streets to the Stepanakert Revival Square holding posters and flags. A festive event dedicated to 30th anniversary of Artsakh Movement took place in the Revival Square.
Primate of the Artsakh Diocese of the Armenian Apostolic Church Archbishop Pargev Martirosyan delivered a blessing speech at the public rally. During the event documentary films about the Karabakh Movement were shown. Artsakh Republic President, Bako Sahakyan, delivered a speech at the public rally, saying that the year of 1988 was a turning point in the history of the Armenian nation. ’Three decades ago these days the entire Armenian nation joined forces, doubled their fist, alerting the whole world of their readiness to struggle for living free and secure in their Fatherland.
This nationwide outburst was a dare given to tyranny, persecutions, gross violations and abuses of human rights, all the scourges, which our people had undergone over the course of their centuries-old history. And the movement was wreathed with the restoration of the independent Armenian statehood.
In this struggle for survival, unfortunately, we have had irretrievable losses. The best sons and daughters of our people have sacrificed their lives for the sacred mission of defending the Motherland. They are not victims, they are martyred heroes who have become immortal and continue the sacred mission of being the Motherland defenders inspiring and obliging to devotedly serve the homeland, work for the glory of its development and strengthening.
During all these years we have always felt the special care of Mother Armenia towards Artsakh. Our achievements and accomplishments are impossible to imagine without the active and immediate participation of the Republic of Armenia.
Today we solve great and responsible tasks together. We are all resolute and will do our best to make the future day reliable, our homeland stronger and more prosperous.
The adversary must always know that the language of force is doomed to failure. Our people, our army and the whole Armenian people will give a worthy counterstroke to every encroachment that threatens our freedom and security,’’ the President said.
One of the leaders of Karabakh Movement Hamlet Grigoryan in his speech noted that the 30th anniversary of Karabakh Movement is an all-Armenian festival. “Let’s recall those who didn’t ignore the Armenian issue in the 20th century. It’s a fact that our republic is not recognized, but it’s also true that the legitimacy of our republic hasn’t been questioned at any international court to this day,’’ said Hamlet Grigoryan.
Recalling the public rally of 1988, Karabakh Movement activist and Artsakh hero Zhanna Galstyan said, “At that time we were oppressed. Today our powerful army defends us. Today we have gathered here not only to pay tribute to the leaders of Karabakh Movement but also to mark the beginning of a new stage, which is the development stage.’’
During the event representatives of political powers and famous cultural figures of Armenia, Russia, France, Great Britain, US and European Parliament delivered congratulatory messages on the 30th anniversary of Karabakh Movement via video.
Former Artsakh President Arkadi Ghukasyan; Artsakh National Assembly Chairman, Ashot Ghulyan; Artsakh State Minister, Arayik Harutyunyan; NA deputies; Artsakh Movement veterans and guests were present at the event.
- Ancient city built by Trojan War prisoners unearthed in Greece
- VII St. Petersburg International Cultural Forum launched
- Gibraltar-Armenia football match tickets sold
- The air temperature in the daytime of November 14 will go down by 2-3 degrees
- Sports-specific classification system will be developed for blind football
- Recipe Corner: Asparagus, Potato, and Papaya Salad with Green Onion Dressing
- Presidential elections runoff scheduled for November 28
- China’s CASC quietly rolls out AR-1B precision missile
- Disabled Armenian American artist writes a book using her eyes
- Parliament to convene extraordinary session on November 21
- Iranian scholar points to "illegality of U.S. sanctions" on food, drug
- ‘International recognition of Artsakh is one of priorities of our foreign policy agenda’ – FM Masis Mayilyan
- Armenian village joins settlements using energy-saving technologies
- Henrikh Mkhitaryan among Europe's 100 top-performing stars: SkySport
- Sahakyan meets with France-Artsakh Friendship Circle members
- Israeli Defense Minister resigns
- Armenia could purchase Swedish multirole fighter aircraft
- A pan-European alternative to NATO is on the way?
- Precipitation is expected from time to time
- New function of anti-aging molecule identified
- Armenian communists boycott early elections
- Artsakh President arrives in France on working visit
- OSCE monitoring passes in accordance with agreed schedule
- Game of Thrones’ final season will premiere in April 2019
- Iran conducts enrichment activities under JCPOA limitations: IAEA