The 96th Anniversary of ADL in Athens
The 96th anniversary commemoration of ADLP in Athens took place on 12 Nov, 2017 at the Intercontinental Hotel , Athens. There was a full house. In attendance were several representatives of grassroots organisation in addition to the leadership, members and supporters. After the opening statement by the Secretary of the local chapter, Mr. Zaven Krikorian, the chairperson, Mr. Hagop Fesdjian, delivered an address in Greek highlighting the reasons behind this commemoration.
The keynote speaker was Dr. Hratch Kouyoumjian, the General Secretary of the ADLP Supreme Council invited specially from London to deliver the keynote address. Speaking in Armenian, he gave a brief presentation of the history and the evolution of the party , saying "the party throughout its long history has remained unchanged in its democratic and liberal ideology and as a promoter of good governance and most importantly in its unwavering support of Armenia irrespective of its government or political colour. He expanded on the new vision of the party as Armenia centred, and described the various approaches taken in making the Party more relevant to Armenia and the Diaspora in these new and rapidly changing world.
A brief video presentation from Yerevan was followed by a musical moment by a singer, a guitar and a duduk player to the applause of the audience. A small reception followed the commemoration.
- Belarus to ship new batch of weapons to Azerbaijan NEW 48 MINUTES AGO
- Syrian army on high alert after militant attack kills 23 soldiers
- Russian military unveils video footage of new Su-57 stealth fighter in Syria
- Germany fully halts arms exports Saudi Arabia
- Acting first deputy PM reaffirms increase in tax burden is ruled out without public consent
- Members of Russian State Duma to observe early parliamentary elections in Armenia
- Armenia’s delegation led by Secretary of Security Council to depart for Moscow, Russia
- Ombudsman’s representatives carry out unannounced visit to Central Military Hospital
- Today is Universal Children's Day
- Roads mostly passable across Armenia, authorities urge drivers to shift to winter tires
- Russian cosmonauts expected to land on Moon after 2030
- Majestic Tekeyan Hall in Cairo Opens: Armenian Mirror-Spectator
- Azerbaijani manipulation: who is it addressed to?
- No precipitation is expected in the republic
- Recipe Corner: Garbanzo Bean and Vegetable Soup
- Paying Tribute To Diana Der Hovanessian
- Iran wants better ties with Iraq, Rouhani says
- Syrian army "foils militant attack" in northern Hama
- Extraordinary Cabinet meeting to be held today
- Today is Armenian outstanding national figure Maghakia Ormanian's memory day
- Naming himself defense chief, Netanyahu says ‘no room for politics’ in security
- Armenia new banknotes to be put into circulation as of Thursday
- Today is greatest Armenian satirist Hakob Baronian's birthday
- Nikol Pashinyan is in Martuni
- Many CSTO members doubt effectiveness of appointing Armenian Secretary General