Today is Armenian film director Frunze Dovlatyan’s birthday
“Dovlatyan is one of those film directors whose works become a whole school of life. In his films, he equally demonstrates both historical and contemporary issues, speaking about complicated human relations and problems. I am glad that my career as an actor started with his popular “Hello, it’s me” film”.
Frunze Dovlatyan was born on May 27, 1927 in Gavar, to the family of Vaghinak Dovlatyan, who together with his sister were performing at Gavar theatre.
During 1941-1952 he was an actor of the Azizbekov district’s drama theater and the Armenian drama theater named after Gabriel Sundukyan in Yerevan. Since 1943, he was playing in the movies. In 1947, Dovlatyan graduated from the theatrical studio at the Armenian drama theater, named after G. Sundukyan, in 1959 - the director's department of Gerasimov Institute of Cinematography (Gerasimov’s and Makarova’s workshop).
In 1959-1964, Frunze Dovlatyan worked at the Gorky Film Studio, as well as "Mosfilm". Since 1963 he was the director of the "Armenfilm" studio (from 1986 to 1992 he was also the artistic director).
During 1981-1997, Dovlatyan was head of Yerevan Pedagogical Institute’s (currently, the Armenian State Pedagogical University, named after Khachatur Abovyan) Faculty of Culture.
In 1966-1969, Dovlatyan was First Secretary, since 1969 - the Armenian SSR Union of Cinematographers’ Secretary.
He was also a member of the artistic council of the State Committee for the USSR. Since 1951 Dovlatyan was member of the CPSU(b). and in 1989-1991 - People's Deputy of the USSR.
Frunze Dovlatyan died on August 30 (according to other sources - August 31), 1997. He was buried in Yerevan in the Tohmakh Cemetery.
“Dovlatyan is an author of interesting, delicate, and meaningful creations, not totally young, but always beautiful, with artistic glow and romantic inspiration”.
- Recipe Corner: Auntie Zee’s World-Famous Apricot Jam from Fresno
- Technovation Armenia 2019 Program Concludes with Awards
- Armenian Artists in Research and Dialogue
- Katherine Hodgson: Researching the Beautiful and Fascinating Armenian Language
- Trump orders companies to seek "alternative markets" to China
- North Korea launches two more ballistic missiles into sea: Seoul
- Pashinyan Backs Major Mining Project In Armenia
- How to increase life expectancy?
- ‘Abandoned’ Armenian Properties around the World: Part III
- Serena Williams paired with Maria Sharapova in U.S. Open first round
- Armenian PM congratulates Ukraine on Independence Day
- Trump talks about serving '14 more years' as president: Independent
- UNESCO delegation visits Armenia Ministry of Education, Science, Culture and Sport
- Drinking coffee first thing in the morning can be bad
- Viennese Apple Strudel recipe
- Yerevan among cities Russian tourists keep returning to: study
- Over the next 5 days a high risk of fire is predicted in the valleys and foothills of the Republic
- U.S. offer to sell Patriot system to Turkey has expired: Reuters
- 71-story skyscraper to be erected in Yerevan
- Armenian army delegation attends CIS armed forces general staffs' chiefs session
- What’s The Right Amount of Sleep?: WebMD
- Armenian President repeals decree depriving Vagharshak Harutyunyan of military rank
- Armenian national team U19 defeats Lebanese national team
- Assad forces threaten Turkish observation posts in Idlib
- Japan's tallest skyscraper to be built in Tokyo: NHK