Today is Armenian film director Frunze Dovlatyan’s birthday
“Dovlatyan is one of those film directors whose works become a whole school of life. In his films, he equally demonstrates both historical and contemporary issues, speaking about complicated human relations and problems. I am glad that my career as an actor started with his popular “Hello, it’s me” film”.
Frunze Dovlatyan was born on May 27, 1927 in Gavar, to the family of Vaghinak Dovlatyan, who together with his sister were performing at Gavar theatre.
During 1941-1952 he was an actor of the Azizbekov district’s drama theater and the Armenian drama theater named after Gabriel Sundukyan in Yerevan. Since 1943, he was playing in the movies. In 1947, Dovlatyan graduated from the theatrical studio at the Armenian drama theater, named after G. Sundukyan, in 1959 - the director's department of Gerasimov Institute of Cinematography (Gerasimov’s and Makarova’s workshop).
In 1959-1964, Frunze Dovlatyan worked at the Gorky Film Studio, as well as "Mosfilm". Since 1963 he was the director of the "Armenfilm" studio (from 1986 to 1992 he was also the artistic director).
During 1981-1997, Dovlatyan was head of Yerevan Pedagogical Institute’s (currently, the Armenian State Pedagogical University, named after Khachatur Abovyan) Faculty of Culture.
In 1966-1969, Dovlatyan was First Secretary, since 1969 - the Armenian SSR Union of Cinematographers’ Secretary.
He was also a member of the artistic council of the State Committee for the USSR. Since 1951 Dovlatyan was member of the CPSU(b). and in 1989-1991 - People's Deputy of the USSR.
Frunze Dovlatyan died on August 30 (according to other sources - August 31), 1997. He was buried in Yerevan in the Tohmakh Cemetery.
“Dovlatyan is an author of interesting, delicate, and meaningful creations, not totally young, but always beautiful, with artistic glow and romantic inspiration”.
- Statement of MFA of Armenia on the adoption of Resolution 296 affirming the US record on the Armenian Genocide by US House of Representatives
- Pushed by latest Turkey aggression, House passes resolution formally commemorating the Armenian Genocide. The Boston Globe
- Today is renowned Armenian actor Sos Sargsyan's birthday
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 2-3 degrees, in the daytime of 20 it will go down as much
- Recipe Corner: Stuffed Roma Tomatoes with Three Cheeses
- Armenian PM, President of Artsakh discuss mutual cooperation in Yerevan
- President of Armenia holds meeting with delegation of Confindustria Russia
- Coffee may be useful in the fight against diabetes, scientist say
- Armenia's Haypost wins first prize at Europa Stamps 2019
- 2,000 CSTO troops participating in Search 2019 exercise
- Nepal, China agree to remeasure height of Mt Everest: Times of India
- One of the rarest coins in the world dating back to 723AD goes on sale for £1.6MILLION
- Aronian and Hakobyan are half a point behind tournament leaders
- Armenian FM, OSCE MG Co-Chairs highlight formation of favorable environment for peace
- Japan Typhoon death toll rises: NHK
- Airbus delegation to visit Armenia at President’s invitation
- Armenian PM receives OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs
- Syrian army enters Manbij to block Turkey’s expansion
- Today is Global Handwashing Day
- Kim Kardashian “emotional” over visit to Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- US sanctions Turkish ministries over Syria offensive
- Remote working may increase stress, reduce well-being: study
- Lepsius House, Genocide Museum Signs Cooperation Agreement
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 3-4 degrees
- Holy Trinity Armenian Apostolic Church Bread Sticks (Simit)