Today is Armenian film director Frunze Dovlatyan’s birthday
“Dovlatyan is one of those film directors whose works become a whole school of life. In his films, he equally demonstrates both historical and contemporary issues, speaking about complicated human relations and problems. I am glad that my career as an actor started with his popular “Hello, it’s me” film”.
Frunze Dovlatyan was born on May 27, 1927 in Gavar, to the family of Vaghinak Dovlatyan, who together with his sister were performing at Gavar theatre.
During 1941-1952 he was an actor of the Azizbekov district’s drama theater and the Armenian drama theater named after Gabriel Sundukyan in Yerevan. Since 1943, he was playing in the movies. In 1947, Dovlatyan graduated from the theatrical studio at the Armenian drama theater, named after G. Sundukyan, in 1959 - the director's department of Gerasimov Institute of Cinematography (Gerasimov’s and Makarova’s workshop).
In 1959-1964, Frunze Dovlatyan worked at the Gorky Film Studio, as well as "Mosfilm". Since 1963 he was the director of the "Armenfilm" studio (from 1986 to 1992 he was also the artistic director).
During 1981-1997, Dovlatyan was head of Yerevan Pedagogical Institute’s (currently, the Armenian State Pedagogical University, named after Khachatur Abovyan) Faculty of Culture.
In 1966-1969, Dovlatyan was First Secretary, since 1969 - the Armenian SSR Union of Cinematographers’ Secretary.
He was also a member of the artistic council of the State Committee for the USSR. Since 1951 Dovlatyan was member of the CPSU(b). and in 1989-1991 - People's Deputy of the USSR.
Frunze Dovlatyan died on August 30 (according to other sources - August 31), 1997. He was buried in Yerevan in the Tohmakh Cemetery.
“Dovlatyan is an author of interesting, delicate, and meaningful creations, not totally young, but always beautiful, with artistic glow and romantic inspiration”.
- Turkish court frees charged U.S. consulate worker from house arrest: Reuters
- ‘New High for Armenian Music’: Glendale Reception Held for UCLA Armenian Music Program
- In most regions rain with thunderstorm is predicted
- ‘Assistants’ Musical Comedy Cowritten by Manny Hagopian Running in NYC
- Armenian, Azeri Foreign Ministers Meet in Washington (video report)
- Recipe Corner: Homemade Apricot Leather
- Venice may get into the "black list" of UNESCO
- Rouhani declared Iran’s unwillingness to fight with anyone
- Benefits of coffee for losing weight: study
- Break dancing provisionally approved for Paris Olympics
- Artsakh names new Secretary of Security Council
- A Delicate Georgian Balance
- Yerevan Council of Elders meeting in process (live)
- Today is International Day in Support of Victims of Torture
- PM’s wife attends grand opening of 2019 Fashion Forum Yerevan
- Trump threatened Iran to respond by force to "complete destruction"
- Life as it is... Today is Grigor Zohrap's birthday
- We and the portrait of Dorian Gray
- Syrian-Armenian artist Kevork Mourad to create six-meter hanging sculpture of Babel
- Prevention of genocide remains challenged, Armenia tells UN
- Real offer 130 million euros for Neymar ... plus Rodriguez or Bale
- Study shows vacation is good for the heart
- An Armenian's feat in Brest Fortress defense: Russian Defense Ministry's archive materials
- Armenia announces call for applications for Junior Eurovision 2019
- Armenia to hold international festival on Tigran Mansuryan's 80th birthday