Today is Armenian prose writer Vakhtang Ananyan's birthday
Today is Armenian prose writer Vakhtang Ananyan's birthday. Vakhtang Ananyan is author of adventure stories and “Animals of Armenia” book.
Vakhtang Ananyan was born in the village of Poghos-Kilisa (currently known as village of Shamakhyan, not far from Dilijan), in a poor peasant family. He graduated from several classes of the school, but later on he had to forget about his studies, since he helped his parents working as a shepherd.
After the October Revolution, he joined the Komsomol, continued his studies, began to send notes to the "Peasant Newspaper". He graduated from the party school. In 1931 his first book, In the Ring of Fire, on the adventures of teenagers during the Civil War, was published.
Ananyan participated in the Great Patriotic War as a volunteer. After the war, his book on front essays, After the War, was published.
In the 1950s, he wrote a story about the adventures of adolescents “On the Bank of Sevan”, which was translated into several languages of the peoples of the USSR and abroad and was reprinted several times.
In addition, Ananyan wrote a number of books on the nature of Armenia, collections of short stories and narratives, as well as the voluminous popular scientific work “Animals of Armenia”.
Vakhtang Ananyan died on March 4, 1980 in Yerevan.
- Statement of MFA of Armenia on the adoption of Resolution 296 affirming the US record on the Armenian Genocide by US House of Representatives
- Pushed by latest Turkey aggression, House passes resolution formally commemorating the Armenian Genocide. The Boston Globe
- Today is renowned Armenian actor Sos Sargsyan's birthday
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 2-3 degrees, in the daytime of 20 it will go down as much
- Recipe Corner: Stuffed Roma Tomatoes with Three Cheeses
- Armenian PM, President of Artsakh discuss mutual cooperation in Yerevan
- President of Armenia holds meeting with delegation of Confindustria Russia
- Coffee may be useful in the fight against diabetes, scientist say
- Armenia's Haypost wins first prize at Europa Stamps 2019
- 2,000 CSTO troops participating in Search 2019 exercise
- Nepal, China agree to remeasure height of Mt Everest: Times of India
- One of the rarest coins in the world dating back to 723AD goes on sale for £1.6MILLION
- Aronian and Hakobyan are half a point behind tournament leaders
- Armenian FM, OSCE MG Co-Chairs highlight formation of favorable environment for peace
- Japan Typhoon death toll rises: NHK
- Airbus delegation to visit Armenia at President’s invitation
- Armenian PM receives OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs
- Syrian army enters Manbij to block Turkey’s expansion
- Today is Global Handwashing Day
- Kim Kardashian “emotional” over visit to Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- US sanctions Turkish ministries over Syria offensive
- Remote working may increase stress, reduce well-being: study
- Lepsius House, Genocide Museum Signs Cooperation Agreement
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 3-4 degrees
- Holy Trinity Armenian Apostolic Church Bread Sticks (Simit)