Today is Armenian prose writer Vakhtang Ananyan's birthday
Today is Armenian prose writer Vakhtang Ananyan's birthday. Vakhtang Ananyan is author of adventure stories and “Animals of Armenia” book.
Vakhtang Ananyan was born in the village of Poghos-Kilisa (currently known as village of Shamakhyan, not far from Dilijan), in a poor peasant family. He graduated from several classes of the school, but later on he had to forget about his studies, since he helped his parents working as a shepherd.
After the October Revolution, he joined the Komsomol, continued his studies, began to send notes to the "Peasant Newspaper". He graduated from the party school. In 1931 his first book, In the Ring of Fire, on the adventures of teenagers during the Civil War, was published.
Ananyan participated in the Great Patriotic War as a volunteer. After the war, his book on front essays, After the War, was published.
In the 1950s, he wrote a story about the adventures of adolescents “On the Bank of Sevan”, which was translated into several languages of the peoples of the USSR and abroad and was reprinted several times.
In addition, Ananyan wrote a number of books on the nature of Armenia, collections of short stories and narratives, as well as the voluminous popular scientific work “Animals of Armenia”.
Vakhtang Ananyan died on March 4, 1980 in Yerevan.
- Yerevan among cities Russian tourists keep returning to: study NEW 31 MINUTES AGO
- Japan's tallest skyscraper to be built in Tokyo: NHK
- Central Bank issues Admiral Isakov-125 silver collector coin
- Syrian army declares full control over Khan Sheikhoun
- Lausanne 2020: Opening Ceremony of Games to be held at Malley Ice Rink
- Moscow to host concert dedicated to Komitas's 150th anniversary
- Ombudsman sends working group to Armenia’s Jermuk
- Ararat Armenia beats Dudelange 2-1 in Europa League play-off
- Today is International Day for the Remembrance of the Slave Trade and its Abolition
- US concerned with Turkey’s removal of Kurdish mayors
- Brad Pitt, Liv Tyler and Tommy Lee Jones in the new trailer for "To the Stars”: Galpost
- 29 years ago this day Declaration of State Sovereignty of Armenia was adopted
- Dwayne Johnson tops Forbes highest paid actors list again: BBC
- Banan cookies recipe
- Sinquefield Cup: Aronyan shares point with Shakhriyar Mamedyarov
- The air temperature will not essentially change
- Quentin Tarantino expecting to become dad for first time
- Byurakan Observatory to host 3rd regional astronomy seminar
- Iran and US problems are strategic: Rouhani
- Bako Sahakyan convened working consultation on the recent water supply issues in Stepanakert
- Trump "seriously" considering ending birthright citizenship
- Syrian army encircles militants, Turkish Army in southern Idlib
- World health report raises concerns about microplastics in drinking water: CBS news
- Deng Xiaoping's cat and flies flying into window
- Artsakh’s Volunteer National Review disseminated at UN