Today is the International Teacher's Day
Since October 5, 1994 to date, more than 100 countries around the world celebrate International Teachers' Day. The purpose of the day is to support and thank the teachers,who are the educators of our generations. Today, the event is widely celebrated through the efforts of 401 member organizations of "EDUCATION INTERNATIONAL and its member organizations.
The choice of the day is related to the "Teacher's Status Guide" adopted at the joint conference organized by the UNESCO and the International Labor Organization in Paris on October 5, 1966, which was the first international document to regulate teachers' work. According to UNESCO's policy, Teacher's Day symbolizes the recognition and evaluation of the enormous contribution of teachers in education and development.
In 2002 a stamp was issued in honor of the International Teachers Day. As to Armenia, here the Day of Teachers was formerly celebrated from the October 9, 2001, Decree N 919 of the Government of the Republic of Armenia on the first Sunday of October, and subsequently by the law of May 21, 2010, P-911-21.05.2010, With the addition of GO- 010 / 0, the day is celebrated on October 5 solemnly.
Taking into account the mission of the day, we want to congratulate and wish to all the teachers of the world, endless vigor and new achievements in the field of education.
- Statement of MFA of Armenia on the adoption of Resolution 296 affirming the US record on the Armenian Genocide by US House of Representatives
- Pushed by latest Turkey aggression, House passes resolution formally commemorating the Armenian Genocide. The Boston Globe
- Today is renowned Armenian actor Sos Sargsyan's birthday
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 2-3 degrees, in the daytime of 20 it will go down as much
- Recipe Corner: Stuffed Roma Tomatoes with Three Cheeses
- Armenian PM, President of Artsakh discuss mutual cooperation in Yerevan
- President of Armenia holds meeting with delegation of Confindustria Russia
- Coffee may be useful in the fight against diabetes, scientist say
- Armenia's Haypost wins first prize at Europa Stamps 2019
- 2,000 CSTO troops participating in Search 2019 exercise
- Nepal, China agree to remeasure height of Mt Everest: Times of India
- One of the rarest coins in the world dating back to 723AD goes on sale for £1.6MILLION
- Aronian and Hakobyan are half a point behind tournament leaders
- Armenian FM, OSCE MG Co-Chairs highlight formation of favorable environment for peace
- Japan Typhoon death toll rises: NHK
- Airbus delegation to visit Armenia at President’s invitation
- Armenian PM receives OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs
- Syrian army enters Manbij to block Turkey’s expansion
- Today is Global Handwashing Day
- Kim Kardashian “emotional” over visit to Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- US sanctions Turkish ministries over Syria offensive
- Remote working may increase stress, reduce well-being: study
- Lepsius House, Genocide Museum Signs Cooperation Agreement
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 3-4 degrees
- Holy Trinity Armenian Apostolic Church Bread Sticks (Simit)