Yerevan Mayor Taron Margaryan's address on the New Year and Christmas
Soon we will bring in the year of 2018. On the crossroad of the old and the new we are summarizing the passing year with the firm confidence that we will strengthen and increase all the achievements we had in the passing year.
Today Yerevan is known worldwide as a safe, proportionally developing, kind and hospitable city. And all this is due to our consistent teamwork, the devotion and caring attitude of each of us and I am sincerely grateful to all of you for it.
The year of 2018 will be a jubilee for our beloved city. The capital of all Armenians will be celebrating the 2800th anniversary of foundation. Not every generation is so lucky to witness such a significant jubilee, to feel proud of centuries-old history and dynamically developing present of hometown. It is a fine opportunity to present our city to the world with dignity, to state once more that we, creative Armenians know how to appreciate and love our city.
Dear residents and guests of the capital,
New Year is a special holiday in the calendar, when many people sincerely believe in wonder and are sure that it can come true.
In it is really true as there is some endless kindness and sincerity in every wish made on these days. Joining all these good wishes I wish love and warmth to all our families.
Let the year of 2018 will be the year of peace, progress,welfare and implementation of most cherished wishes for our country, our people and our capital city-Yerevan.
Happy New Year and Merry Christmas.
- Statement of MFA of Armenia on the adoption of Resolution 296 affirming the US record on the Armenian Genocide by US House of Representatives
- Pushed by latest Turkey aggression, House passes resolution formally commemorating the Armenian Genocide. The Boston Globe
- Today is renowned Armenian actor Sos Sargsyan's birthday
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 2-3 degrees, in the daytime of 20 it will go down as much
- Armenian PM, President of Artsakh discuss mutual cooperation in Yerevan
- Recipe Corner: Stuffed Roma Tomatoes with Three Cheeses
- President of Armenia holds meeting with delegation of Confindustria Russia
- Coffee may be useful in the fight against diabetes, scientist say
- Armenia's Haypost wins first prize at Europa Stamps 2019
- 2,000 CSTO troops participating in Search 2019 exercise
- Nepal, China agree to remeasure height of Mt Everest: Times of India
- One of the rarest coins in the world dating back to 723AD goes on sale for £1.6MILLION
- Aronian and Hakobyan are half a point behind tournament leaders
- Armenian FM, OSCE MG Co-Chairs highlight formation of favorable environment for peace
- Japan Typhoon death toll rises: NHK
- Airbus delegation to visit Armenia at President’s invitation
- Armenian PM receives OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs
- Syrian army enters Manbij to block Turkey’s expansion
- Today is Global Handwashing Day
- Kim Kardashian “emotional” over visit to Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- US sanctions Turkish ministries over Syria offensive
- Remote working may increase stress, reduce well-being: study
- Lepsius House, Genocide Museum Signs Cooperation Agreement
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 3-4 degrees
- Holy Trinity Armenian Apostolic Church Bread Sticks (Simit)