Yerevan Mayor Taron Margaryan's address on the New Year and Christmas
Soon we will bring in the year of 2018. On the crossroad of the old and the new we are summarizing the passing year with the firm confidence that we will strengthen and increase all the achievements we had in the passing year.
Today Yerevan is known worldwide as a safe, proportionally developing, kind and hospitable city. And all this is due to our consistent teamwork, the devotion and caring attitude of each of us and I am sincerely grateful to all of you for it.
The year of 2018 will be a jubilee for our beloved city. The capital of all Armenians will be celebrating the 2800th anniversary of foundation. Not every generation is so lucky to witness such a significant jubilee, to feel proud of centuries-old history and dynamically developing present of hometown. It is a fine opportunity to present our city to the world with dignity, to state once more that we, creative Armenians know how to appreciate and love our city.
Dear residents and guests of the capital,
New Year is a special holiday in the calendar, when many people sincerely believe in wonder and are sure that it can come true.
In it is really true as there is some endless kindness and sincerity in every wish made on these days. Joining all these good wishes I wish love and warmth to all our families.
Let the year of 2018 will be the year of peace, progress,welfare and implementation of most cherished wishes for our country, our people and our capital city-Yerevan.
Happy New Year and Merry Christmas.
- On September 22-23 the air temperature will gradually go down by 8-10 degrees
- Armenian Nuclear Power Plant can smoothly operate until 2026, says Russian expert
- FIDE World Cup 2019: Aronian to play against Vietnam’s Lê Quang Liêm
- George R.R. Martin confirms HBO Targaryen show
- Otyan as political satirist
- Top 5 high-calorie but healthy snacks
- Today is Smiley Emoticons Day
- Brain needs lot of time to recover from alcohol
- Today is 150th anniversary of the birth of Armenian satirist writer Yervand Otyan
- UN says the world now is home to 272 million migrants
- British travel vlogger flies 30,000 miles to see the Seven Wonders of the World in just seven days: The Sun
- Hyundai Motor Group Develops Center Side Airbag
- The air temperature will gradually go down by 9-11 degrees
- Google plans to protect users from dubious medical information
- Artsakh comments on statements of Georgian and Ukrainian foreign ministries
- Armenian PM holds farewell meeting with UK Ambassador
- Surp Amenaprkich Ghazanchetsots Cathedral in Shushi
- Romania’s Senate adopts bill to declare October 12 Day of Armenian language, alphabet and culture
- Dzeko wants Mkhitaryan to stay at Roma for long term
- Former Police Chief of Armenia Vladimir Gasparyan charged for abuse of power
- Saudi Arabia vows "material evidence" linking Iran to oil attack
- President Sarkissian signs decree on dismissing Valery Osipyan as Police Chief of Armenia
- OSCE conducts monitoring on Artsakh-Azerbaijan line of contact
- PM fires Police Chief Valery Osipyan
- Iranian leader calls attack on Saudi refineries warning from Yemenis