URGENT: Prime Minister Sargsyan resigns
Armenian Prime Minister Serzh Sargsyan has released a statement, the PM's office said.
I am addressing all citizens of the Republic of Armenia
The elderly and my dearest youth,
Men and women,
I am addressing those who stood on the streets day and night with “Reject Serzh” calls and those who were reaching their offices with difficulty and carrying out their duty without complaining,
I am addressing those who were following live broadcast for days and those who were ensuring public order for day and night manly,
I am addressing our courageous soldiers and officers who are standing at the border, I am addressing my brothers in arms,
I am addressing my fellow party-men, all political forces and politicians,
I am addressing you for the last time as leader of the country.
Nikol Pashinyan was right. I was wrong. The situation has several solutions, but I will not take any of them. That is not mine. I am leaving office of the country’s leader, of Prime Minister.
The street movement is against my tenure. I am fulfilling your demand.
Peace, harmony and reasoning for our country.
Thank you”, he said.
- Ancient city built by Trojan War prisoners unearthed in Greece
- VII St. Petersburg International Cultural Forum launched
- Gibraltar-Armenia football match tickets sold
- The air temperature in the daytime of November 14 will go down by 2-3 degrees
- Sports-specific classification system will be developed for blind football
- Recipe Corner: Asparagus, Potato, and Papaya Salad with Green Onion Dressing
- Presidential elections runoff scheduled for November 28
- China’s CASC quietly rolls out AR-1B precision missile
- Disabled Armenian American artist writes a book using her eyes
- Parliament to convene extraordinary session on November 21
- Iranian scholar points to "illegality of U.S. sanctions" on food, drug
- ‘International recognition of Artsakh is one of priorities of our foreign policy agenda’ – FM Masis Mayilyan
- Armenian village joins settlements using energy-saving technologies
- Henrikh Mkhitaryan among Europe's 100 top-performing stars: SkySport
- Sahakyan meets with France-Artsakh Friendship Circle members
- Israeli Defense Minister resigns
- Armenia could purchase Swedish multirole fighter aircraft
- A pan-European alternative to NATO is on the way?
- Precipitation is expected from time to time
- New function of anti-aging molecule identified
- Armenian communists boycott early elections
- Artsakh President arrives in France on working visit
- OSCE monitoring passes in accordance with agreed schedule
- Game of Thrones’ final season will premiere in April 2019
- Iran conducts enrichment activities under JCPOA limitations: IAEA