NSS of Armenia drops the criminal proceedings against Turkish underage border trespasser
The National Security Service (NSS) of Armenia has disclosed details over the 16-year-old Turkish border trespasser, who was recently returned to Turkey.
The NSS said that a criminal case was launched on July 25, 2018 on Umud Ali Mustafa Ozmen’s illegal crossing of the Turkish-Armenian border. Immediately after crossing the barbed-wire line he was captured by Armenian and Russian border guards. The Turkish citizen was placed under arrest and charged with illegal crossing of the state border.
During the investigation the Turkish citizen expressed regret over his action and noted in his testimony that he had always had a desire to come to Armenia to compare it with his native Kars province, and since he is a minor and didn’t have the necessary documents his only option was to illegally cross the border.
The NSS said that it has checked Ozmen’s possible affiliation with extremist of terrorist groups, but there was no information to suggest any ties with the mentioned groups.
Based on humanitarian principles, taking into consideration that Ozmen is underage and that he has given true testimonies about the circumstances and has expressed remorse, the NSS on September 25 decided to drop the criminal proceedings against the 16-year-old. The boy was released and he left Armenia under specified proceedings.
- Statement of MFA of Armenia on the adoption of Resolution 296 affirming the US record on the Armenian Genocide by US House of Representatives
- Pushed by latest Turkey aggression, House passes resolution formally commemorating the Armenian Genocide. The Boston Globe
- Today is renowned Armenian actor Sos Sargsyan's birthday
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 2-3 degrees, in the daytime of 20 it will go down as much
- Armenian PM, President of Artsakh discuss mutual cooperation in Yerevan
- Recipe Corner: Stuffed Roma Tomatoes with Three Cheeses
- President of Armenia holds meeting with delegation of Confindustria Russia
- Coffee may be useful in the fight against diabetes, scientist say
- Armenia's Haypost wins first prize at Europa Stamps 2019
- 2,000 CSTO troops participating in Search 2019 exercise
- Nepal, China agree to remeasure height of Mt Everest: Times of India
- One of the rarest coins in the world dating back to 723AD goes on sale for £1.6MILLION
- Aronian and Hakobyan are half a point behind tournament leaders
- Armenian FM, OSCE MG Co-Chairs highlight formation of favorable environment for peace
- Japan Typhoon death toll rises: NHK
- Airbus delegation to visit Armenia at President’s invitation
- Armenian PM receives OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs
- Syrian army enters Manbij to block Turkey’s expansion
- Today is Global Handwashing Day
- Kim Kardashian “emotional” over visit to Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- US sanctions Turkish ministries over Syria offensive
- Remote working may increase stress, reduce well-being: study
- Lepsius House, Genocide Museum Signs Cooperation Agreement
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 3-4 degrees
- Holy Trinity Armenian Apostolic Church Bread Sticks (Simit)