State and Church symbols transferred from Presidential Residence to venue of inauguration ceremony
In accordance with the Constitution of the Republic of Armenia, the President of the Republic of Armenia assumes office at a special sitting of the National Assembly by taking the oath of office to the nation.
The National Assembly has convened a special sitting on April 9 at Karen Demirchyan Sports and Concerts Complex for the ceremonious inauguration of the President of the Republic of Armenia.
According to the standing tradition, prior to the inauguration ceremony, accompanied by the Guard of Honor, State and Church symbols are brought into the hall of ceremony.
Earlier today, the original copy of RA Constitution from the Constitutional Court, and a 7th century Gospel from Matenadaran were taken to the Presidential Palace.
The President’s adjutants handed over the RA State Flag and the Emblem of Presidential Power to the Guard of Honor. President of the Constitutional Court Hrayr Tovmasyan handed the copy of RA Constitution to Constitutional Court member Arevik Petrosyan, and Director of Matenadaran Vahan Ter-Ghevondyan handed the 7th century Gospel to Bishop Hovnan Hakobyan.
Then, the RA State Flag, the Emblem of Presidential Power, the original copy of RA Constitution and the Holy Gospel were transferred to the venue of inauguration ceremony.
The President-elect takes the oath of office by putting his right hand on the Holy Gospel and the Constitution of the Republic of Armenia, reading out the following text: “Assuming the office of President of the Republic of Armenia, I swear to be loyal to the Constitution of the Republic of Armenia, be impartial in the exercise of my powers, be guided only by public and national interests, and to do everything in my power in order to strengthen national unity.”
- Could sunscreen affect vitamin D deficiency?
- On September 22 the air temperature will go down by 8-10 degrees
- Armenia Wine's cognac wins silver at Int'l Wine & Spirit Competition
- Guest Recipe: Grapes Leaves with Rice, Lemon Juice, Olive Oil and Herbs
- Ten Volumes of Italian Diplomatic Documents on Armenians Soon to Be Completed
- Armenia Independence Day
- Putin congatulates Pashinyan
- Diabetes can be predicted at 8 years
- Trump says US supports desire of Armenian people to live in democratic country
- Exercise slows Alzheimer's Disease, study says
- Speaker of Parliament Ararat Mirzoyan offers congratulations on Independence Day
- World Cup: Levon Aronian started with a draw in the 1/8 finals
- Russia, China veto UN resolution calling for truce in Syria
- Bako Sahakyan congratulates Armenian counterpart on Independence Day
- Today is International Day of Peace
- Let’s protect and defend our state, our church, be tolerant and caring towards one another: Armenian President's congratulatory message on Independence Day
- Top officials of Armenia and Artsakh visit Yerablur military pantheon on Independence Day
- Independence Day of Armenia and International Day of Peace: September 21
- Post-Revolution Art: Dialogues about Revolution and Power
- Chicken liver salad recipe
- Armenia’s Police Chief Dismissed, Appointed Adviser To Pashinyan
- In the afternoon of September 21 the wind speed may reach up to 20-25 m/s
- French actor of Armenian descent Charles Gérard dies aged 96
- Elizabeth II congratulates Sarkissian on Armenian Independence Day
- Surp Amenaprkich Ghazanchetsots Cathedral in Shushi