State and Church symbols transferred from Presidential Residence to venue of inauguration ceremony
In accordance with the Constitution of the Republic of Armenia, the President of the Republic of Armenia assumes office at a special sitting of the National Assembly by taking the oath of office to the nation.
The National Assembly has convened a special sitting on April 9 at Karen Demirchyan Sports and Concerts Complex for the ceremonious inauguration of the President of the Republic of Armenia.
According to the standing tradition, prior to the inauguration ceremony, accompanied by the Guard of Honor, State and Church symbols are brought into the hall of ceremony.
Earlier today, the original copy of RA Constitution from the Constitutional Court, and a 7th century Gospel from Matenadaran were taken to the Presidential Palace.
The President’s adjutants handed over the RA State Flag and the Emblem of Presidential Power to the Guard of Honor. President of the Constitutional Court Hrayr Tovmasyan handed the copy of RA Constitution to Constitutional Court member Arevik Petrosyan, and Director of Matenadaran Vahan Ter-Ghevondyan handed the 7th century Gospel to Bishop Hovnan Hakobyan.
Then, the RA State Flag, the Emblem of Presidential Power, the original copy of RA Constitution and the Holy Gospel were transferred to the venue of inauguration ceremony.
The President-elect takes the oath of office by putting his right hand on the Holy Gospel and the Constitution of the Republic of Armenia, reading out the following text: “Assuming the office of President of the Republic of Armenia, I swear to be loyal to the Constitution of the Republic of Armenia, be impartial in the exercise of my powers, be guided only by public and national interests, and to do everything in my power in order to strengthen national unity.”
- Statement of MFA of Armenia on the adoption of Resolution 296 affirming the US record on the Armenian Genocide by US House of Representatives
- Pushed by latest Turkey aggression, House passes resolution formally commemorating the Armenian Genocide. The Boston Globe
- Today is renowned Armenian actor Sos Sargsyan's birthday
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 2-3 degrees, in the daytime of 20 it will go down as much
- Armenian PM, President of Artsakh discuss mutual cooperation in Yerevan
- Recipe Corner: Stuffed Roma Tomatoes with Three Cheeses
- President of Armenia holds meeting with delegation of Confindustria Russia
- Coffee may be useful in the fight against diabetes, scientist say
- Armenia's Haypost wins first prize at Europa Stamps 2019
- 2,000 CSTO troops participating in Search 2019 exercise
- Nepal, China agree to remeasure height of Mt Everest: Times of India
- One of the rarest coins in the world dating back to 723AD goes on sale for £1.6MILLION
- Aronian and Hakobyan are half a point behind tournament leaders
- Armenian FM, OSCE MG Co-Chairs highlight formation of favorable environment for peace
- Japan Typhoon death toll rises: NHK
- Airbus delegation to visit Armenia at President’s invitation
- Armenian PM receives OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs
- Syrian army enters Manbij to block Turkey’s expansion
- Today is Global Handwashing Day
- Kim Kardashian “emotional” over visit to Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- US sanctions Turkish ministries over Syria offensive
- Remote working may increase stress, reduce well-being: study
- Lepsius House, Genocide Museum Signs Cooperation Agreement
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 3-4 degrees
- Holy Trinity Armenian Apostolic Church Bread Sticks (Simit)