Anti-doping Training Seminars for Armenian Wrestlers and Coaches To be Held
On October 11-15, the Republican Center for Sports Medicine and Anti-Doping Service of the Armenian Ministry of Sport and Youth Affairs will hold training seminars on anti-doping issues in Yerevan, Gyumri, Tbilisi and Georgia's anti-doping agency.
The project is implemented within the UNESCO grant. It is dedicated to the acquisition of anti-doping knowledge of Armenian and Georgian wrestlers. The seminar will also be attended by Deputy Director of the International Wrestling Federation (UWW), Anti-Doping Officer Carlos Roy.
The aim of the workshops is to familiarize the wrestlers and trainers with the new requirements of the international anti-doping rules, the harmful effects of prohibited substances and the 2018 World Cup. the list of prohibited substances and methods;
"We have chosen wrestling because we have two positive outcomes for doping tests and three warnings for our wrestlers over the past three years. Also, according to WADA, 2016 The most wrestlers in the world are the most wrestlers doping 2.7%," Areg Hovhannisyan, head of the Armenian Anti-Doping Service, told NEWS.am.
Hovhannisyan noted that within the framework of the project, the Armenian Wrestling Federation and leading sports schools will receive the UWW's anti-doping rules in Armenian, as well as the main list of prohibited materials and potential violations and sanctions of anti-doping rules.
- Komitas’ letters to Hovhannes Toumanian
- Syrian Restaurants in Armenia: A Pinch of Home, A Taste of Exile
- First-ever Armenian-language TV station launches in Turkey
- Аwards ceremony for the winners of 2018/2019 season was held
- Exiled Turkish journalist reunited with family in Germany after 3 years
- Karabakh President visits Askeran, Martakert Regions
- Apple registers 7 Mac notebooks in Eurasian database
- Recipe Corner: Guest Recipe: Baked Spinach and Eggs (Havgitov Spanach)
- Everything you should know about proper nutrition and healthy lifestyle: Lidia Ayvazyan is the guest of Hay Dzayn Today
- Minsk 2019: Lineup of the Armenia Greco-Roman wrestling team
- Pashinyan Faces Traps in and out of Armenia: Armenian Mirror-Spectator
- Yerevan-Tehran roundtrip regular flights launched on June 15
- Yervand Kochar's most famous sculptures
- President Sarkissian congratulated China’s Xi Jinping on birthday
- Armenia's Levon Aronian shares 2nd-3rd spots at Norway Chess
- Today is Republic of Armenia National Flag Day
- 7th Pan-Armenian Summer Games’ torch heads from Turkey’s Van to Karabakh’s Stepanakert
- Today is Armenian prominent sculptor Ervand Kochar’s birthday
- Journalist Deniz Yücel Speaks Out on Arrest in Turkey
- Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon Panossian Gives Kids Smiles in Armenia
- Interview with President Armen Sarkissian: Financial Times of London
- The air temperature will not essentially change
- BMW 8 Series Gran Coupe Leaks То Preview Stunning 6 Series GC Successor
- Vardenis “Andranik” FC won in Armenian youth championship (photos)
- Armenia improves standing in Global Peace Index