Anti-doping Training Seminars for Armenian Wrestlers and Coaches To be Held
On October 11-15, the Republican Center for Sports Medicine and Anti-Doping Service of the Armenian Ministry of Sport and Youth Affairs will hold training seminars on anti-doping issues in Yerevan, Gyumri, Tbilisi and Georgia's anti-doping agency.
The project is implemented within the UNESCO grant. It is dedicated to the acquisition of anti-doping knowledge of Armenian and Georgian wrestlers. The seminar will also be attended by Deputy Director of the International Wrestling Federation (UWW), Anti-Doping Officer Carlos Roy.
The aim of the workshops is to familiarize the wrestlers and trainers with the new requirements of the international anti-doping rules, the harmful effects of prohibited substances and the 2018 World Cup. the list of prohibited substances and methods;
"We have chosen wrestling because we have two positive outcomes for doping tests and three warnings for our wrestlers over the past three years. Also, according to WADA, 2016 The most wrestlers in the world are the most wrestlers doping 2.7%," Areg Hovhannisyan, head of the Armenian Anti-Doping Service, told NEWS.am.
Hovhannisyan noted that within the framework of the project, the Armenian Wrestling Federation and leading sports schools will receive the UWW's anti-doping rules in Armenian, as well as the main list of prohibited materials and potential violations and sanctions of anti-doping rules.
- Syrian army encircles militants, Turkish Army in southern Idlib NEW 8 MINUTES AGO
- World health report raises concerns about microplastics in drinking water: CBS news
- Artsakh’s Volunteer National Review disseminated at UN
- Fans to hold march ahead of FC Ararat-Armenia - Dudelange match
- New Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductology opens in Armenia for clinical residents
- Pakhlava recipe
- Levon Aronian loses in Sinquefield Cup
- Soso Pavliashvili to give a concert in Yerevan
- The air temperature will not essentially change
- Vacationing More Often May Reduce Metabolic Syndrome Risk
- Armen Sarkissian appointed new advisor
- Nikol Pashinyan offered birthday greetings to Garegin II
- Air temperature is 4-5 degrees higher than the norm: chief meteorologist
- Xiaomi posts 15% rise in second quarter revenue, below expectations
- Picture Group announces Matrix 4 with Keanu Reeves and Carrie-Anne Moss reprising roles
- OSCE monitoring on Artsakh and Azerbaijan armed forces contact line conducted
- Russian specialist conducted unique free vascular operations at Armavir MC
- Lydian assumes obligation that Amulsar's contaminated waters will not be released into environment
- UN Security Council to hold emergency session on US missile projects on August 22
- Pashinyan holds consultation on Amulsar matter
- Neymar is close to returning to Barcelona
- Armenian Meat Ball Soup recipe
- U.S. warns Greece against helping Iranian tanker
- Yerevan Mayor sues municipal council ex-member
- Today is International Day of Remembrance and Tribute to the Victims of Terrorism