Armenia looking to build a new nuclear power station, says PM
Armenia will "try" to build a new nuclear power plant with the help of Russia, Armenian Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan said in an interview with the Echo of Moscow.
"It is very important for Armenia to have nuclear power, and we are now working to extend the plant's operations by 2040," Pashinyan said.
"Before that we will try to build a new nuclear power plant, and I hope Russia will help us in the matter.
"Unfortunately, at the moment we do not have enough financial resources to independently start the process."
In 2006, Moscow took control over Armenia's power plants and distribution companies.
Russia provides more than 80% of the natural gas used by the nation and supplies all of the fuel for the country's sole nuclear power plant, the Metsamor.
- Statement of MFA of Armenia on the adoption of Resolution 296 affirming the US record on the Armenian Genocide by US House of Representatives
- Pushed by latest Turkey aggression, House passes resolution formally commemorating the Armenian Genocide. The Boston Globe
- Today is renowned Armenian actor Sos Sargsyan's birthday
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 2-3 degrees, in the daytime of 20 it will go down as much
- Armenian PM, President of Artsakh discuss mutual cooperation in Yerevan
- Recipe Corner: Stuffed Roma Tomatoes with Three Cheeses
- President of Armenia holds meeting with delegation of Confindustria Russia
- Coffee may be useful in the fight against diabetes, scientist say
- Armenia's Haypost wins first prize at Europa Stamps 2019
- 2,000 CSTO troops participating in Search 2019 exercise
- Nepal, China agree to remeasure height of Mt Everest: Times of India
- One of the rarest coins in the world dating back to 723AD goes on sale for £1.6MILLION
- Aronian and Hakobyan are half a point behind tournament leaders
- Armenian FM, OSCE MG Co-Chairs highlight formation of favorable environment for peace
- Japan Typhoon death toll rises: NHK
- Airbus delegation to visit Armenia at President’s invitation
- Armenian PM receives OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs
- Syrian army enters Manbij to block Turkey’s expansion
- Today is Global Handwashing Day
- Kim Kardashian “emotional” over visit to Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- US sanctions Turkish ministries over Syria offensive
- Remote working may increase stress, reduce well-being: study
- Lepsius House, Genocide Museum Signs Cooperation Agreement
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 3-4 degrees
- Holy Trinity Armenian Apostolic Church Bread Sticks (Simit)