Armenia looking to build a new nuclear power station, says PM
Armenia will "try" to build a new nuclear power plant with the help of Russia, Armenian Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan said in an interview with the Echo of Moscow.
"It is very important for Armenia to have nuclear power, and we are now working to extend the plant's operations by 2040," Pashinyan said.
"Before that we will try to build a new nuclear power plant, and I hope Russia will help us in the matter.
"Unfortunately, at the moment we do not have enough financial resources to independently start the process."
In 2006, Moscow took control over Armenia's power plants and distribution companies.
Russia provides more than 80% of the natural gas used by the nation and supplies all of the fuel for the country's sole nuclear power plant, the Metsamor.
- Levon Aronian loses in Sinquefield Cup
- Soso Pavliashvili to give a concert in Yerevan
- The air temperature will not essentially change
- Vacationing More Often May Reduce Metabolic Syndrome Risk
- Armen Sarkissian appointed new advisor
- Nikol Pashinyan offered birthday greetings to Garegin II
- Air temperature is 4-5 degrees higher than the norm: chief meteorologist
- Xiaomi posts 15% rise in second quarter revenue, below expectations
- Picture Group announces Matrix 4 with Keanu Reeves and Carrie-Anne Moss reprising roles
- OSCE monitoring on Artsakh and Azerbaijan armed forces contact line conducted
- Russian specialist conducted unique free vascular operations at Armavir MC
- Lydian assumes obligation that Amulsar's contaminated waters will not be released into environment
- UN Security Council to hold emergency session on US missile projects on August 22
- Pashinyan holds consultation on Amulsar matter
- Neymar is close to returning to Barcelona
- Armenian Meat Ball Soup recipe
- U.S. warns Greece against helping Iranian tanker
- Yerevan Mayor sues municipal council ex-member
- Today is International Day of Remembrance and Tribute to the Victims of Terrorism
- Garo Paylan says there is state terrorism in Turkey
- Today is Catholicos of All Armenians Karekin II's birthday
- Alexis Ohanian welcomes Dwayne Johnson to Armenian "clan"
- 5 Day Weather Forecast
- Armenia to take part in World Championship with 9 weightlifters
- Liu Yifei: Mulan boycott urged after star backs HK police