Italian president honors Armenian Genocide victims at Yerevan memorial
As part of an ongoing visit to Armenia, Italian President Sergio Mattarella visited the Tsitsernakaberd Armenian Genocide Memorial in Yerevan to pay tribute to the victims of the genocide by laying flowers at the Eternal Flame.
The Italian president was accompanied by his Armenian counterpart Armen Sarkissian.
President Mattarella afterwards planted a tree at the Memory Park of the memorial.This is the third high-level Italian visit to Armenia since the two countries established diplomatic relations.
The first visit took place in 2012, when then-defense minister Giampaolo Di Paola visited Armenia. The second visit took place in 2016, when then-FM Paolo Gentiloni visited Armenia.
In the first half of 2018, trade turnover between the two countries amounted to 70,8 million dollars, which is a 42,6% increase against the last year’s same period.
- Statement of MFA of Armenia on the adoption of Resolution 296 affirming the US record on the Armenian Genocide by US House of Representatives
- Pushed by latest Turkey aggression, House passes resolution formally commemorating the Armenian Genocide. The Boston Globe
- Today is renowned Armenian actor Sos Sargsyan's birthday
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 2-3 degrees, in the daytime of 20 it will go down as much
- Recipe Corner: Stuffed Roma Tomatoes with Three Cheeses
- Armenian PM, President of Artsakh discuss mutual cooperation in Yerevan
- President of Armenia holds meeting with delegation of Confindustria Russia
- Coffee may be useful in the fight against diabetes, scientist say
- Armenia's Haypost wins first prize at Europa Stamps 2019
- 2,000 CSTO troops participating in Search 2019 exercise
- Nepal, China agree to remeasure height of Mt Everest: Times of India
- One of the rarest coins in the world dating back to 723AD goes on sale for £1.6MILLION
- Aronian and Hakobyan are half a point behind tournament leaders
- Armenian FM, OSCE MG Co-Chairs highlight formation of favorable environment for peace
- Japan Typhoon death toll rises: NHK
- Airbus delegation to visit Armenia at President’s invitation
- Armenian PM receives OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs
- Syrian army enters Manbij to block Turkey’s expansion
- Today is Global Handwashing Day
- Kim Kardashian “emotional” over visit to Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- US sanctions Turkish ministries over Syria offensive
- Remote working may increase stress, reduce well-being: study
- Lepsius House, Genocide Museum Signs Cooperation Agreement
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 3-4 degrees
- Holy Trinity Armenian Apostolic Church Bread Sticks (Simit)