Italian president honors Armenian Genocide victims at Yerevan memorial
As part of an ongoing visit to Armenia, Italian President Sergio Mattarella visited the Tsitsernakaberd Armenian Genocide Memorial in Yerevan to pay tribute to the victims of the genocide by laying flowers at the Eternal Flame.
The Italian president was accompanied by his Armenian counterpart Armen Sarkissian.
President Mattarella afterwards planted a tree at the Memory Park of the memorial.This is the third high-level Italian visit to Armenia since the two countries established diplomatic relations.
The first visit took place in 2012, when then-defense minister Giampaolo Di Paola visited Armenia. The second visit took place in 2016, when then-FM Paolo Gentiloni visited Armenia.
In the first half of 2018, trade turnover between the two countries amounted to 70,8 million dollars, which is a 42,6% increase against the last year’s same period.
- Levon Aronian loses in Sinquefield Cup
- Soso Pavliashvili to give a concert in Yerevan
- The air temperature will not essentially change
- Vacationing More Often May Reduce Metabolic Syndrome Risk
- Armen Sarkissian appointed new advisor
- Nikol Pashinyan offered birthday greetings to Garegin II
- Air temperature is 4-5 degrees higher than the norm: chief meteorologist
- Xiaomi posts 15% rise in second quarter revenue, below expectations
- Picture Group announces Matrix 4 with Keanu Reeves and Carrie-Anne Moss reprising roles
- OSCE monitoring on Artsakh and Azerbaijan armed forces contact line conducted
- Russian specialist conducted unique free vascular operations at Armavir MC
- Lydian assumes obligation that Amulsar's contaminated waters will not be released into environment
- UN Security Council to hold emergency session on US missile projects on August 22
- Pashinyan holds consultation on Amulsar matter
- Neymar is close to returning to Barcelona
- Armenian Meat Ball Soup recipe
- U.S. warns Greece against helping Iranian tanker
- Yerevan Mayor sues municipal council ex-member
- Today is International Day of Remembrance and Tribute to the Victims of Terrorism
- Garo Paylan says there is state terrorism in Turkey
- Today is Catholicos of All Armenians Karekin II's birthday
- Alexis Ohanian welcomes Dwayne Johnson to Armenian "clan"
- 5 Day Weather Forecast
- Armenia to take part in World Championship with 9 weightlifters
- Liu Yifei: Mulan boycott urged after star backs HK police