Karen Karapetyan Receives Delegation Led by VEON Group Chief Executive Officer
Karen Karapetyan, Prime Minister of Armenia, received a delegation led by Jean-Yves Charlier, Chief Executive Officer of VEON Group.
Referring to the results of the VEON Global Leadership meeting held in Yerevan, the guests thanked the Government of Armenia for the favorable conditions created in the telecommunication sector, as well as for quick-responsiveness in addressing the problems raised by industry representatives.
The Prime Minister noted that the Government is interested in the development and expansion of the private sector; in particular through increased investment in telecommunications. Karen Karapetyan suggested paying greater attention to education, and thereby contributing to the development of highly qualified specialists for their businesses. The Premier added that the state is keen to promote cooperation between the business community and the system of education. He expressed confidence that it will help tap the potential available in information technologies and telecommunications.
“At today’s Cabinet meeting, we made amendments to tax and customs administration-related laws, which provide for crucial regulations for foreign investors. We are convinced that the business will appreciate the proposed amendments. The government is ready to respond to any problem emerging in business. We also plan further activities to develop the public-private sector partnership,” Karen Karapetyan emphasized.
Jean-Yves Charlier agreed on the importance of educational programs and noted that VEON is going to continue implementing investment programs in Armenia. He advised that the 2018 action plan for Armenia has already been prepared.
During the meeting, reference was made to the programs planned for Gyumri. In particular, the possibility of VEON’s involvement in the restoration of communication infrastructure was discussed.
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 2-3 degrees, in the daytime of 20 it will go down as much
- Recipe Corner: Stuffed Roma Tomatoes with Three Cheeses
- Armenian PM, President of Artsakh discuss mutual cooperation in Yerevan
- President of Armenia holds meeting with delegation of Confindustria Russia
- Coffee may be useful in the fight against diabetes, scientist say
- Armenia's Haypost wins first prize at Europa Stamps 2019
- 2,000 CSTO troops participating in Search 2019 exercise
- Nepal, China agree to remeasure height of Mt Everest: Times of India
- One of the rarest coins in the world dating back to 723AD goes on sale for £1.6MILLION
- Aronian and Hakobyan are half a point behind tournament leaders
- Armenian FM, OSCE MG Co-Chairs highlight formation of favorable environment for peace
- Japan Typhoon death toll rises: NHK
- Airbus delegation to visit Armenia at President’s invitation
- Armenian PM receives OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs
- Syrian army enters Manbij to block Turkey’s expansion
- Today is Global Handwashing Day
- Kim Kardashian “emotional” over visit to Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- US sanctions Turkish ministries over Syria offensive
- Remote working may increase stress, reduce well-being: study
- Lepsius House, Genocide Museum Signs Cooperation Agreement
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 3-4 degrees
- Holy Trinity Armenian Apostolic Church Bread Sticks (Simit)
- Nutritionists reveal secret of eternal youth
- New sarcophagus of Chernobyl nuclear power plant photographed from bird's eye view
- Turkey won’t stop Syria operation until it achieves goals, Erdogan administration says