Government eyes development of solar power production
Acting Prime Minister of Armenia Karen Karapetyan chaired a consultation on the prospects of development and possibilities of solar energy in Armenia, the government’s press service said.
Hayk Harutyunyan, deputy minister of energy infrastructures and natural resources, briefed the acting PM that a new development map of solar energy has been formed on the sidelines of building solar power stations, and 6 technical-economic analysis was developed for construction of various-capacity stations, one of them being Masrik 1.
The 55MW Masrik 1 solar power station will be constructed by a consortium comprising the Dutch Fotowatio Renewable Ventures B.V and Spanish FSL Solar S.L. – according to results of an earlier announced tender.
The consortium proposed the lowest tariff 0.0419 USD – without VAT. Harutyunyan said negotiations are currently underway with the consortium and its executives are expected to arrive in Armenia soon.
The contract on constructing the station is expected to be signed by June.
The consultation also focused on implementation of new solar power stations, development of wind energy and possibilities of building accumulative capacities.
Karapetyan said Armenia has great potential for public-private sector cooperation in alternative energy.
The acting PM said active steps should be taken for the implementation of new programs of development of alternative energy, which will contribute to strengthening the secure and independent energy system.
- Statement of MFA of Armenia on the adoption of Resolution 296 affirming the US record on the Armenian Genocide by US House of Representatives
- Pushed by latest Turkey aggression, House passes resolution formally commemorating the Armenian Genocide. The Boston Globe
- Today is renowned Armenian actor Sos Sargsyan's birthday
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 2-3 degrees, in the daytime of 20 it will go down as much
- Recipe Corner: Stuffed Roma Tomatoes with Three Cheeses
- Armenian PM, President of Artsakh discuss mutual cooperation in Yerevan
- President of Armenia holds meeting with delegation of Confindustria Russia
- Coffee may be useful in the fight against diabetes, scientist say
- Armenia's Haypost wins first prize at Europa Stamps 2019
- 2,000 CSTO troops participating in Search 2019 exercise
- Nepal, China agree to remeasure height of Mt Everest: Times of India
- One of the rarest coins in the world dating back to 723AD goes on sale for £1.6MILLION
- Aronian and Hakobyan are half a point behind tournament leaders
- Armenian FM, OSCE MG Co-Chairs highlight formation of favorable environment for peace
- Japan Typhoon death toll rises: NHK
- Airbus delegation to visit Armenia at President’s invitation
- Armenian PM receives OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs
- Syrian army enters Manbij to block Turkey’s expansion
- Today is Global Handwashing Day
- Kim Kardashian “emotional” over visit to Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- US sanctions Turkish ministries over Syria offensive
- Remote working may increase stress, reduce well-being: study
- Lepsius House, Genocide Museum Signs Cooperation Agreement
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 3-4 degrees
- Holy Trinity Armenian Apostolic Church Bread Sticks (Simit)