Government eyes development of solar power production
Acting Prime Minister of Armenia Karen Karapetyan chaired a consultation on the prospects of development and possibilities of solar energy in Armenia, the government’s press service said.
Hayk Harutyunyan, deputy minister of energy infrastructures and natural resources, briefed the acting PM that a new development map of solar energy has been formed on the sidelines of building solar power stations, and 6 technical-economic analysis was developed for construction of various-capacity stations, one of them being Masrik 1.
The 55MW Masrik 1 solar power station will be constructed by a consortium comprising the Dutch Fotowatio Renewable Ventures B.V and Spanish FSL Solar S.L. – according to results of an earlier announced tender.
The consortium proposed the lowest tariff 0.0419 USD – without VAT. Harutyunyan said negotiations are currently underway with the consortium and its executives are expected to arrive in Armenia soon.
The contract on constructing the station is expected to be signed by June.
The consultation also focused on implementation of new solar power stations, development of wind energy and possibilities of building accumulative capacities.
Karapetyan said Armenia has great potential for public-private sector cooperation in alternative energy.
The acting PM said active steps should be taken for the implementation of new programs of development of alternative energy, which will contribute to strengthening the secure and independent energy system.
- On September 22-23 the air temperature will gradually go down by 8-10 degrees
- Armenian Nuclear Power Plant can smoothly operate until 2026, says Russian expert
- FIDE World Cup 2019: Aronian to play against Vietnam’s Lê Quang Liêm
- George R.R. Martin confirms HBO Targaryen show
- Otyan as political satirist
- Top 5 high-calorie but healthy snacks
- Today is Smiley Emoticons Day
- Brain needs lot of time to recover from alcohol
- Today is 150th anniversary of the birth of Armenian satirist writer Yervand Otyan
- UN says the world now is home to 272 million migrants
- British travel vlogger flies 30,000 miles to see the Seven Wonders of the World in just seven days: The Sun
- Hyundai Motor Group Develops Center Side Airbag
- The air temperature will gradually go down by 9-11 degrees
- Google plans to protect users from dubious medical information
- Artsakh comments on statements of Georgian and Ukrainian foreign ministries
- Armenian PM holds farewell meeting with UK Ambassador
- Surp Amenaprkich Ghazanchetsots Cathedral in Shushi
- Romania’s Senate adopts bill to declare October 12 Day of Armenian language, alphabet and culture
- Dzeko wants Mkhitaryan to stay at Roma for long term
- Former Police Chief of Armenia Vladimir Gasparyan charged for abuse of power
- Saudi Arabia vows "material evidence" linking Iran to oil attack
- President Sarkissian signs decree on dismissing Valery Osipyan as Police Chief of Armenia
- OSCE conducts monitoring on Artsakh-Azerbaijan line of contact
- PM fires Police Chief Valery Osipyan
- Iranian leader calls attack on Saudi refineries warning from Yemenis