Levon Aronian joining Tata Steel tournament in India
Armenian grandmaster Levon Aronian will be seen in action in the upcoming Tata Steel chess meet which will be held in the Indian city of Kolkata from November 9-14, Times of India reports.
This rapid and blitz format tournament will be one of strongest-ever in the country with four of the 11 players in the fray are in the top-10 bracket of the Fide world rankings.
The Grandmasters meet will see five foreigners and six Indians vying for $40,000 prize money.
Shakhriyar Mamedyarov of Azerbaijan,Wesley So and Hikaru Nakamura of the United States and Sergey Karjakin of Russia (2760) will also be involved.
- Presentation of “Scientific Artsakh” journal took place in Stepanakert
- Armenian and Iranian FMs discuss regional, international issues at Munich Security Conference
- Armen Sarkissian and Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani held a meeting during Security Conference in Munich
- Armenian and Croatian FMs held a meeting during the Munich Security Conference
- Mnatsakanyan and Lavrov discuss Artsakh conflict settlement at Munich Security Conference
- RA President denies allegations on “cooperating with political party”
- Armenian exports to Russia grow 20%
- Armenia and Netherlands to cooperate in IT sphere
- Armenia and Latvia committed to boosting political dialogue and commercial ties
- More than 1700 shots fired on Artsakh in one week
- Armenian community here is a little bit more disconnected from Armenia:Healthcare Minister at the Armenian Patriarchate of Constantinople
- Stoltenberg declared inability of the EU to fulfill the role of NATO
- Air medical services will be introduced in Armenia
- Questing for the Origins of Mer Hayrenik
- French parliament will soon ratify EU-Armenia agreement: envoy
- Feast of St. Sarkis the Captain, Patron of Love and Youth, his son Martyros and his 14 Soldiers-Companions
- Syunik Mountains
- Recipe corner: Cinnabun Cookies
- Going Cold Turkey
- On February 17-20 no precipitation is predicted
- No precipitation is predicted
- Armenia-NATO cooperation issues were discussed
- Russell Pollard: Instrumental in Armenian Genocide Recognition in Derby
- Armenian Parliament Debates Government’s ‘Revolutionary’ Program
- Turkey's goal is to exert pressure on Armenia: Ruben Safrastyan