Concert dedicated to Aram Khachaturian’s 115th anniversary took place in the concert hall of Opera de Monte-Carlo in Monaco (video)
The world-famous Armenian opera singer, soprano Hasmik Papyan and the laureate of international competitions, pianist Nare Arkhamanyan performed on September 2 at a charity concert in Opera de Monte-Carlo in Monaco.
The concert was dedicated to the 115th anniversary of the outstanding Armenian composer and conductor Aram Khachaturian. Moreover, the choice of the concert hall Opera de Monte-Carlo was by no means accidental. Aram Khachaturian was the first Armenian musician to perform in 1974 with a concert at the Monaco Opera House. Based on this fact, the organizers of the concert found it appropriate to hold a concert, dedicated to a great musician, in the same concert hall.
By the way, composer's contemporaries say that Khachaturian received a very warm welcome from the Prince of Monaco, Rainier III and Princess Grace Kelly. It was at their suggestion in 1974 that Aram Khachaturian's concert was organized in the Opera de Monte-Carlo.
It should be noted that all the funds collected during the speech by Hasmik Papyan and pianist Nare Arkhamanyan were sent to the charity funds "Fund 100" and "Help".
- Statement of MFA of Armenia on the adoption of Resolution 296 affirming the US record on the Armenian Genocide by US House of Representatives
- Pushed by latest Turkey aggression, House passes resolution formally commemorating the Armenian Genocide. The Boston Globe
- Today is renowned Armenian actor Sos Sargsyan's birthday
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 2-3 degrees, in the daytime of 20 it will go down as much
- Armenian PM, President of Artsakh discuss mutual cooperation in Yerevan
- Recipe Corner: Stuffed Roma Tomatoes with Three Cheeses
- President of Armenia holds meeting with delegation of Confindustria Russia
- Coffee may be useful in the fight against diabetes, scientist say
- Armenia's Haypost wins first prize at Europa Stamps 2019
- 2,000 CSTO troops participating in Search 2019 exercise
- Nepal, China agree to remeasure height of Mt Everest: Times of India
- One of the rarest coins in the world dating back to 723AD goes on sale for £1.6MILLION
- Aronian and Hakobyan are half a point behind tournament leaders
- Armenian FM, OSCE MG Co-Chairs highlight formation of favorable environment for peace
- Japan Typhoon death toll rises: NHK
- Airbus delegation to visit Armenia at President’s invitation
- Armenian PM receives OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs
- Syrian army enters Manbij to block Turkey’s expansion
- Today is Global Handwashing Day
- Kim Kardashian “emotional” over visit to Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- US sanctions Turkish ministries over Syria offensive
- Remote working may increase stress, reduce well-being: study
- Lepsius House, Genocide Museum Signs Cooperation Agreement
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 3-4 degrees
- Holy Trinity Armenian Apostolic Church Bread Sticks (Simit)