Armen Sarkissian congratulated Armenians on Republic Day, 100th anniversary of the First Republic of Armenia and heroic May battles
President Armen Sarkissian has congratulated Armenians on Republic Day and the 100th anniversary of the First Republic of Armenia and the Heroic May battles, the President’s Office said.
In the address, the president said:
Today, together in Armenia, Artsakh and the Diaspora, we celebrate the 100th anniversaries of the First Republic of Armenia and the Heroic May Battles.
“100 years ago, our people who saw genocide, and stood on the edge of life and death, restored the independent Armenian statehood with highest effort – declaring the birth of the First Republic of Armenia. Although it was short-lived and faced numerous problems, it was the basis for further development of the country’s economy, education, science and culture, an educated and versed society emerged, which in turn led to new independence and new victories in 1991.
Today we must with special depth realize the significance of Armenian statehood. As a result of the latest changes in Armenia we have the chance of a drastic kickoff, and the requires sufficient human and institutional resources are available. We must unite these efforts, we must act more tactically and flexibly, because breakthrough moments create the chance to soar.
Thus, let’s together start shaping the Armenia of tomorrow, by appreciating and developing the Armenia which we have today.
I wholeheartedly congratulate you on Republic Day and the 100th anniversary of the First Republic of Armenia and the Heroic Battle of May.
I am wishing you peace, prosperity and optimism.
Long live the Republics of Armenia and Artsakh,
Long live the Diaspora,
Long live the citizens of Armenia.”
- Statement of MFA of Armenia on the adoption of Resolution 296 affirming the US record on the Armenian Genocide by US House of Representatives
- Pushed by latest Turkey aggression, House passes resolution formally commemorating the Armenian Genocide. The Boston Globe
- Today is renowned Armenian actor Sos Sargsyan's birthday
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 2-3 degrees, in the daytime of 20 it will go down as much
- Recipe Corner: Stuffed Roma Tomatoes with Three Cheeses
- Armenian PM, President of Artsakh discuss mutual cooperation in Yerevan
- President of Armenia holds meeting with delegation of Confindustria Russia
- Coffee may be useful in the fight against diabetes, scientist say
- Armenia's Haypost wins first prize at Europa Stamps 2019
- 2,000 CSTO troops participating in Search 2019 exercise
- Nepal, China agree to remeasure height of Mt Everest: Times of India
- One of the rarest coins in the world dating back to 723AD goes on sale for £1.6MILLION
- Aronian and Hakobyan are half a point behind tournament leaders
- Armenian FM, OSCE MG Co-Chairs highlight formation of favorable environment for peace
- Japan Typhoon death toll rises: NHK
- Airbus delegation to visit Armenia at President’s invitation
- Armenian PM receives OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs
- Syrian army enters Manbij to block Turkey’s expansion
- Today is Global Handwashing Day
- Kim Kardashian “emotional” over visit to Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- US sanctions Turkish ministries over Syria offensive
- Remote working may increase stress, reduce well-being: study
- Lepsius House, Genocide Museum Signs Cooperation Agreement
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 3-4 degrees
- Holy Trinity Armenian Apostolic Church Bread Sticks (Simit)