President held a Meeting Discussing the future Events of 2018
Today, President Serzh Sargsyan held a meeting to discuss the three major events to be held in Armenia in 2018, the Francophonie summit, the 100th anniversary of the Republic of Armenia and the May Battles and the preparations for the 2800th anniversary of the foundation of Yerevan.
In order to organize these events, earlier the Presidential decrees issued commissions, their individual members were approved and commissions were given assignments.
At the beginning of the meeting, President Sargsyan underlined that the events are of special importance and should be held on a flawless, organizational level. "In fact, the Francophonie summit will be the largest event after Armenia's independence, with the participation of numerous high-ranking delegations of the world's Francophone countries. It is assumed that more than 100 delegations and heads of up to 50 states will take part in the summit. This is a great event, the smooth organization of which should testify to our state bodies' commitment, "the President of Armenia said.
Edward Nalbandian, the Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs and the Deputy Chairman of the Commission set up by the Decree of the President of the Republic, reported on the process of preparation for the Francophonie Summit to be held on October 11-12 and the President's instructions on their implementation. The Minister of Defense, Deputy Chairman of the jubilee commission Vigen Sargsyan reported on the preparations, the events dedicated to the 100th anniversary of the Republic of Armenia and the May battles. Mayor of Yerevan, Deputy Chairman of the State's next commission Taron Margaryan reported on preparations for the 2800-th jubilee celebration of Yerevan.
The President of the Republic of Armenia, in the result of the consultation, instructed to summarize all the proposals received from the concerned bodies within two weeks and to submit detailed action plans, implementation responsibilities and clear financial calculations. The President has also given a number of instructions regarding organizational work.
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 2-3 degrees, in the daytime of 20 it will go down as much
- Recipe Corner: Stuffed Roma Tomatoes with Three Cheeses
- Armenian PM, President of Artsakh discuss mutual cooperation in Yerevan
- President of Armenia holds meeting with delegation of Confindustria Russia
- Coffee may be useful in the fight against diabetes, scientist say
- Armenia's Haypost wins first prize at Europa Stamps 2019
- 2,000 CSTO troops participating in Search 2019 exercise
- Nepal, China agree to remeasure height of Mt Everest: Times of India
- One of the rarest coins in the world dating back to 723AD goes on sale for £1.6MILLION
- Aronian and Hakobyan are half a point behind tournament leaders
- Armenian FM, OSCE MG Co-Chairs highlight formation of favorable environment for peace
- Japan Typhoon death toll rises: NHK
- Airbus delegation to visit Armenia at President’s invitation
- Armenian PM receives OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs
- Syrian army enters Manbij to block Turkey’s expansion
- Today is Global Handwashing Day
- Kim Kardashian “emotional” over visit to Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- US sanctions Turkish ministries over Syria offensive
- Remote working may increase stress, reduce well-being: study
- Lepsius House, Genocide Museum Signs Cooperation Agreement
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 3-4 degrees
- Holy Trinity Armenian Apostolic Church Bread Sticks (Simit)
- Nutritionists reveal secret of eternal youth
- New sarcophagus of Chernobyl nuclear power plant photographed from bird's eye view
- Turkey won’t stop Syria operation until it achieves goals, Erdogan administration says