President held a Meeting Discussing the future Events of 2018
Today, President Serzh Sargsyan held a meeting to discuss the three major events to be held in Armenia in 2018, the Francophonie summit, the 100th anniversary of the Republic of Armenia and the May Battles and the preparations for the 2800th anniversary of the foundation of Yerevan.
In order to organize these events, earlier the Presidential decrees issued commissions, their individual members were approved and commissions were given assignments.
At the beginning of the meeting, President Sargsyan underlined that the events are of special importance and should be held on a flawless, organizational level. "In fact, the Francophonie summit will be the largest event after Armenia's independence, with the participation of numerous high-ranking delegations of the world's Francophone countries. It is assumed that more than 100 delegations and heads of up to 50 states will take part in the summit. This is a great event, the smooth organization of which should testify to our state bodies' commitment, "the President of Armenia said.
Edward Nalbandian, the Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs and the Deputy Chairman of the Commission set up by the Decree of the President of the Republic, reported on the process of preparation for the Francophonie Summit to be held on October 11-12 and the President's instructions on their implementation. The Minister of Defense, Deputy Chairman of the jubilee commission Vigen Sargsyan reported on the preparations, the events dedicated to the 100th anniversary of the Republic of Armenia and the May battles. Mayor of Yerevan, Deputy Chairman of the State's next commission Taron Margaryan reported on preparations for the 2800-th jubilee celebration of Yerevan.
The President of the Republic of Armenia, in the result of the consultation, instructed to summarize all the proposals received from the concerned bodies within two weeks and to submit detailed action plans, implementation responsibilities and clear financial calculations. The President has also given a number of instructions regarding organizational work.
- U.S. offer to sell Patriot system to Turkey has expired: Reuters NEW 32 MINUTES AGO
- 71-story skyscraper to be erected in Yerevan NEW 36 MINUTES AGO
- Armenian army delegation attends CIS armed forces general staffs' chiefs session
- What’s The Right Amount of Sleep?: WebMD
- Armenian President repeals decree depriving Vagharshak Harutyunyan of military rank
- Armenian national team U19 defeats Lebanese national team
- Assad forces threaten Turkish observation posts in Idlib
- Japan's tallest skyscraper to be built in Tokyo: NHK
- Artsakh President receives composer Robert Amirkhanyan
- Armenian ambassador discusses advantages of cooperation in IT and tourism with Belarusian Economy Minister
- Central Bank issues Admiral Isakov-125 silver collector coin
- Syrian army declares full control over Khan Sheikhoun
- The only interest I have is Armenia’s balanced interest, PM says on Amulsar
- Lausanne 2020: Opening Ceremony of Games to be held at Malley Ice Rink
- Moscow to host concert dedicated to Komitas's 150th anniversary
- Ombudsman sends working group to Armenia’s Jermuk
- Ararat Armenia beats Dudelange 2-1 in Europa League play-off
- Today is International Day for the Remembrance of the Slave Trade and its Abolition
- US concerned with Turkey’s removal of Kurdish mayors
- Brad Pitt, Liv Tyler and Tommy Lee Jones in the new trailer for "To the Stars”: Galpost
- 29 years ago this day Declaration of State Sovereignty of Armenia was adopted
- Dwayne Johnson tops Forbes highest paid actors list again: BBC
- Banan cookies recipe
- Sinquefield Cup: Aronyan shares point with Shakhriyar Mamedyarov
- The air temperature will not essentially change