New film dedicated to the Spitak earthquake has been shot: Music author Serge Tankian (video)
A new film about the December 7, 1988 devastating earthquake of Spitak has been shot. The author of the film music is the American Armenian musician, the vocalist of the "System of a Down" band Serj Tankian. The film "Spitak" is dedicated to the 30th anniversary of the earthquake.
The director of the film, entitled "Spitak", is Alexander Kott. The film will be shown the cinemas of Armenia on September 20.
The film will premiere in Russia in December.
On his social networking page in Facebook Tankian published the first trailer of the film, in which you can hear the music he wrote:
“Earlier this year, I had the opportunity to do the musical score for “Spitak”, a dramatic film about the catastrophic earthquake that changed Armenia in December of 1988, nearly 30 years ago. Below is the first trailer for “Spitak". This award winning film directed by Alexander Kott will open in theaters across Armenia on September 20. The film will premiere in Russia in December accompanied by the soundtrack release. We will announce release dates for the film for other countries as they are confirmed. #spitak #spitakfilm #serjtankian”.
- Statement of MFA of Armenia on the adoption of Resolution 296 affirming the US record on the Armenian Genocide by US House of Representatives
- Pushed by latest Turkey aggression, House passes resolution formally commemorating the Armenian Genocide. The Boston Globe
- Today is renowned Armenian actor Sos Sargsyan's birthday
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 2-3 degrees, in the daytime of 20 it will go down as much
- Armenian PM, President of Artsakh discuss mutual cooperation in Yerevan
- Recipe Corner: Stuffed Roma Tomatoes with Three Cheeses
- President of Armenia holds meeting with delegation of Confindustria Russia
- Coffee may be useful in the fight against diabetes, scientist say
- Armenia's Haypost wins first prize at Europa Stamps 2019
- 2,000 CSTO troops participating in Search 2019 exercise
- Nepal, China agree to remeasure height of Mt Everest: Times of India
- One of the rarest coins in the world dating back to 723AD goes on sale for £1.6MILLION
- Aronian and Hakobyan are half a point behind tournament leaders
- Armenian FM, OSCE MG Co-Chairs highlight formation of favorable environment for peace
- Japan Typhoon death toll rises: NHK
- Airbus delegation to visit Armenia at President’s invitation
- Armenian PM receives OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs
- Syrian army enters Manbij to block Turkey’s expansion
- Today is Global Handwashing Day
- Kim Kardashian “emotional” over visit to Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- US sanctions Turkish ministries over Syria offensive
- Remote working may increase stress, reduce well-being: study
- Lepsius House, Genocide Museum Signs Cooperation Agreement
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 3-4 degrees
- Holy Trinity Armenian Apostolic Church Bread Sticks (Simit)