In Order to Promote the Transition to Renewable Energy
The Ministry of Energy and Natural Resources has initiated a number of legislative changes in the Law on Energy Saving and Renewable Energy, which will create conditions for consumers to generate electricity for their own needs. Let's inform the Ministry. Legislative amendments have already been approved by the Government and will be presented to the NA. According to the Ministry, such changes will become a popular event in the field of renewable energy for autonomous energy production.
According to RA Deputy Minister of Energy and Natural Resources Hayk Harutyunyan, it is proposed to reconsider the current operating limit of 150 kW for large consumers to provide their own needs with their own energy. As it is known, at present the physical and legal persons can install up to 150 kW solar autonomous plants producing electricity and the surplus to sell to "Electric Networks of Armenia".
According to Hayk Harutyunyan, this power is not sufficient for large consumers, so the law on "Energy" is to revise the 150 kW limit and bring it to 500 kW. This will create a legislative basis for electric power generators to implement their own autonomous power generation functions.
In the Law on Energy Saving and Renewable Energy, it is proposed to set the conditions for the regulation of the flow of exchange between an autonomous energy producer using renewable energy resources and a license for electricity. Accordingly, the calculation of compensation is changing. If the redemption is currently performed monthly, it will offer it an annual turnaround. By the end of the year, the distribution company will calculate its cash flows with the autonomous producer, and only after that, will pay for half the price for the unpaid electricity.
"This will allow consumers to put more capacity and to observe the solar stations as a means of organization. That is to say, to produce extra electricity in the summer, so to keep the net, to get back to the same price. The current law did not allow this opportunity because the calculation of the exchange rate was carried out on a monthly basis, "said Hayk Harutyunyan.
- U.S. offer to sell Patriot system to Turkey has expired: Reuters NEW 49 MINUTES AGO
- 71-story skyscraper to be erected in Yerevan NEW 53 MINUTES AGO
- Armenian army delegation attends CIS armed forces general staffs' chiefs session
- What’s The Right Amount of Sleep?: WebMD
- Armenian President repeals decree depriving Vagharshak Harutyunyan of military rank
- Armenian national team U19 defeats Lebanese national team
- Assad forces threaten Turkish observation posts in Idlib
- Japan's tallest skyscraper to be built in Tokyo: NHK
- Artsakh President receives composer Robert Amirkhanyan
- Armenian ambassador discusses advantages of cooperation in IT and tourism with Belarusian Economy Minister
- Central Bank issues Admiral Isakov-125 silver collector coin
- Syrian army declares full control over Khan Sheikhoun
- The only interest I have is Armenia’s balanced interest, PM says on Amulsar
- Lausanne 2020: Opening Ceremony of Games to be held at Malley Ice Rink
- Moscow to host concert dedicated to Komitas's 150th anniversary
- Ombudsman sends working group to Armenia’s Jermuk
- Ararat Armenia beats Dudelange 2-1 in Europa League play-off
- Today is International Day for the Remembrance of the Slave Trade and its Abolition
- US concerned with Turkey’s removal of Kurdish mayors
- Brad Pitt, Liv Tyler and Tommy Lee Jones in the new trailer for "To the Stars”: Galpost
- 29 years ago this day Declaration of State Sovereignty of Armenia was adopted
- Dwayne Johnson tops Forbes highest paid actors list again: BBC
- Banan cookies recipe
- Sinquefield Cup: Aronyan shares point with Shakhriyar Mamedyarov
- The air temperature will not essentially change