Recipe Corner: Summer Carrot Casserole
1 pound medium carrots, washed, sliced or diced
3/4 cup milk or half and half
2 eggs, beaten
2 cups shredded or grated Provolone, Swiss or Fontina cheese (or favorite cheese like Jack or cheddar)
2 medium cloves garlic, minced
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1/2 medium green bell pepper, seeded, finely chopped
1/4 cup green onions, chopped or sliced (including green part)
1/4 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon Kosher or sea salt (to taste)
1/4 teaspoon each dry mustard and dried dill
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon baking powder
Dash of paprika
3/4 cup panko or coarse bread crumbs
1/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
1/2 stick unsalted butter, cut into pieces
1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
Chopped flat-leaf parsley and dill as garnish
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Mix bread crumbs, one tablespoon melted butter, and nuts together in a medium bowl and set aside.
Boil carrots until tender, drain, mash, and set aside.
Sauté onions, bell pepper, green onions and garlic in 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil for 5-8 minutes, toss, and set aside.
In a large bowl, combine the carrots, milk, eggs, cooked vegetables, cheese, and spices together, and mix well.
In a separate large bowl, combine the flour, salt, dry mustard, and baking powder; add the carrot mixture to the dry ingredients, toss, and mix thoroughly.
Turn into a buttered 9 X 13 baking dish and sprinkle with bread crumbs and nut mixture. Dot top of casserole with butter and bake for 35-45 minutes at 350 degrees or until bubbly.
Garnish with chopped parsley and dill before serving.
- Presentation of “Scientific Artsakh” journal took place in Stepanakert
- Armenian and Iranian FMs discuss regional, international issues at Munich Security Conference
- Armen Sarkissian and Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani held a meeting during Security Conference in Munich
- Armenian and Croatian FMs held a meeting during the Munich Security Conference
- Mnatsakanyan and Lavrov discuss Artsakh conflict settlement at Munich Security Conference
- RA President denies allegations on “cooperating with political party”
- Armenian exports to Russia grow 20%
- Armenia and Netherlands to cooperate in IT sphere
- Armenia and Latvia committed to boosting political dialogue and commercial ties
- More than 1700 shots fired on Artsakh in one week
- Armenian community here is a little bit more disconnected from Armenia:Healthcare Minister at the Armenian Patriarchate of Constantinople
- Stoltenberg declared inability of the EU to fulfill the role of NATO
- Air medical services will be introduced in Armenia
- Questing for the Origins of Mer Hayrenik
- French parliament will soon ratify EU-Armenia agreement: envoy
- Feast of St. Sarkis the Captain, Patron of Love and Youth, his son Martyros and his 14 Soldiers-Companions
- Syunik Mountains
- Recipe corner: Cinnabun Cookies
- Going Cold Turkey
- On February 17-20 no precipitation is predicted
- No precipitation is predicted
- Armenia-NATO cooperation issues were discussed
- Russell Pollard: Instrumental in Armenian Genocide Recognition in Derby
- Armenian Parliament Debates Government’s ‘Revolutionary’ Program
- Turkey's goal is to exert pressure on Armenia: Ruben Safrastyan