Recipe Corner: Summer Peach Cobbler with Walnuts and Raisins
8 firm, large ripe peaches, washed, peeled and sliced
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup flour
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 medium egg
Top of Form
Bottom of Form
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
2-3 tablespoons light brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon each ground cinnamon and nutmeg
1/2 cup each chopped walnuts (or pecans or almonds) and golden raisins (to taste)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Place sliced peaches in a buttered baking or casserole dish.
In a medium bowl, beat the egg with lemon juice and vanilla; sift sugar, flour, baking powder and salt into the bowl, and stir until dry and crumbly. Sprinkle this mixture over the peaches.
In a separate bowl, combine brown sugar, walnuts, raisins, cinnamon and nutmeg. Sprinkle mixture over the top of the dish and dot with butter.
Bake for 35-40 minutes or until peaches are bubbly around the edge. Serve with whipped cream, ice cream, or sliced fruit or berries on the side.
- Pashinyan highlights balanced position of Armenia and Georgia on regional conflict settlement processes
- Did Bolton's plan fail?
- Turkey holds major exercises in Kars
- At night of February 26 the air temperature will go up by 4-5 degrees
- SDF troops advance on last remaining IS enclave in Deir ez-Zor (video)
- Church of St. Kirakos in Diarbekir will be restored
- Ilham Aliyev receives OSCE Minsk Group co-chairs
- Israel nears completion of long-range bunker buster missile: report
- Armenia, Georgia sign 2019 military cooperation program
- Turkey condemns European parliament committee call to suspend accession
- Exercise could help protect you against developing depression
- Search for flooded lions of Tamanyan kicked off in Russia following Hay Dzayn publication
- Armenian church being built in Ufa, Russia (video)
- Armenian economy increased by 5.2% in 2018
- Young blogger Ruben Yesayan shot a short film on Hovhannes Tumanyan's 150th anniversary
- Arayik Harutyunyan relieved from position of advisor to Artsakh’s President
- Satanovsky about Armenian humanitarian contingent in Syria
- Civil march to take place in Yerevan on March 1
- Today is International Mother Language Day
- Questing for the Origins of Mer Hayrenik
- Georgian Defense Minister to visit Armenia on February 21
- In the daytime of February 23 and on 24 the air temperature will go up by 2-3 degrees
- Recipe Corner: Apricot Brandy Cake
- Armenian designer pioneers Interaction Design course in Canada
- Artsakh is always next to the Aznavour family: Seda Aznavour (video)