Serzh Sargsyan convened a National Security Council meeting
President of the Republic of Armenia, President of the National Security Council Serzh Sargsyan today convened a meeting of the National Security Council, discussing the central issues of the development of the military-industrial complex, as well as strengthening the legal and institutional framework for the fight against terrorism were discussed.
The first issue was reported to the members of the board by Deputy Defense Minister, Chairman of the State Military Industry Committee David Pakhchanyan and National Security Service Director Georgy Kutoyan and Chief of Police Vladimir Gasparyan reported on the events, issues and future steps undertaken by Armenia in the fight against terrorism.
NSC members have approved the proposed Development Program. Based on the results of the discussion, the government has given some recommendations.
Following the reports of the Director of the National Security Service and the Chief of the Police on the issues of strengthening the legal and institutional framework for the fight against terrorism, the National Security Council has approved the draft "Schedule of measures to ensure the implementation of the National Strategy on Combating Terrorism in the Republic of Armenia" and to instruct the Government that:
Regarding fighting terrorism, the President of the Republic, as the most potent means, has attached special importance to three directions: improvement of operative intelligence, including improvement of technical means, capacity building of counteraction units and expansion of international cooperation and exchange of advanced experience.
- Over the next 5 days a high risk of fire is predicted in the valleys and foothills of the Republic NEW 30 MINUTES AGO
- U.S. offer to sell Patriot system to Turkey has expired: Reuters
- 71-story skyscraper to be erected in Yerevan
- Armenian army delegation attends CIS armed forces general staffs' chiefs session
- What’s The Right Amount of Sleep?: WebMD
- Armenian President repeals decree depriving Vagharshak Harutyunyan of military rank
- Armenian national team U19 defeats Lebanese national team
- Assad forces threaten Turkish observation posts in Idlib
- Japan's tallest skyscraper to be built in Tokyo: NHK
- Artsakh President receives composer Robert Amirkhanyan
- Armenian ambassador discusses advantages of cooperation in IT and tourism with Belarusian Economy Minister
- Central Bank issues Admiral Isakov-125 silver collector coin
- Syrian army declares full control over Khan Sheikhoun
- The only interest I have is Armenia’s balanced interest, PM says on Amulsar
- Lausanne 2020: Opening Ceremony of Games to be held at Malley Ice Rink
- Moscow to host concert dedicated to Komitas's 150th anniversary
- Ombudsman sends working group to Armenia’s Jermuk
- Ararat Armenia beats Dudelange 2-1 in Europa League play-off
- Today is International Day for the Remembrance of the Slave Trade and its Abolition
- US concerned with Turkey’s removal of Kurdish mayors
- Brad Pitt, Liv Tyler and Tommy Lee Jones in the new trailer for "To the Stars”: Galpost
- 29 years ago this day Declaration of State Sovereignty of Armenia was adopted
- Dwayne Johnson tops Forbes highest paid actors list again: BBC
- Banan cookies recipe
- Sinquefield Cup: Aronyan shares point with Shakhriyar Mamedyarov