Sokratis reveals how Mkhitaryan can be one of the best in Premier League
Arsenal defender Sokratis Papastathopoulos says Henrikh Mkhitaryan can be one of the best players in the Premier League if he rediscovers the form of his final season at Borussia Dortmund, Evening Standard reports.
Mkhitaryan scored 23 goals and laid on 32 assists in 52 appearances for the German side in the 2015-16 season, form that convinced Jose Mourinho to bring the Armenian international to Manchester United.
However Mkhitaryan struggled to settle at Old Trafford and only 18 months later moved to Arsenal in a swap deal with Alexis Sanchez. Since that move the 29-year-old has shown flashes of the force he once was, though not yet on a consistent basis.
Papastathopoulos spent three seasons with Mkhitaryan at Dortmund and is well aware of the quality of his former and now present team-mate.
The Greek centre-back, who arrived from Dortmund this summer, told Arsenal Player of Mkhitaryan’s skills: ”With the ball, without the ball, how he works for the team, when he creates, when he returns with the team... it’s just amazing.
"What he showed in his last year in Dortmund, he was one of the best in the Bundesliga. I think he can also be one of the best here in the Premier League.”
Mkhitaryan made 17 appearances for Arsenal last season, scoring three goals and providing six assists.
- Former President’s Brother, Under Investigation, ‘Donates’ $18 Million to Government
- Recipe Corner: Vegetable Casserole
- AGBU unveiled Luse Taniq to the people of Martuni in Gegharkunik Marz
- Ataturk also wanted to exterminate Armenians: study by Israeli historian
- In the daytime of February 25, at night of 26 the air temperature will go down by 4-5 degrees
- No vacuum in operational manual of CSTO: Putin's spokesperson
- Delegation headed by Ararat Mirzoyan departing for Moscow
- Armenians emigrated and corruption flourished under current anthem: Daniel Yerazhisht
- Because of the Genocide Armenian people lost their second literary language - Western Armenian
- Western Armenian endangered in Turkey: UNESCO
- Opening Armenian trading house in Turkmenistan under consideration
- Azerbaijan must be forced to go for peace, not asked: Azerbaijani expert
- US must recognize Armenian Genocide: US presidential candidate
- If a referendum is held, Armenchik's song will win: Daniel Yerazhisht
- Marianne Auricoste: ‘I Grew Up with Armenia in My Heart’
- No need to confuse neither Kremlin nor Washington, Paris, Beijing in sending a group to Syria: Arman Abovyan
- Louise Manoogian Simone, Benefactor, Longtime AGBU Leader, Dies
- Russia did not force us to send a group to Syria: Ruben Rubinyan
- Zohrab Mnatsakanyan met with Georgian Defense Minister
- US to leave peacekeeping contingent of 200 people in Syria
- Trump and Erdogan discussed situation in Syria
- OSCE assesses committment of Armenian and Azerbaijani leaders to prepare their peoples for peace a positive signal
- Armenia one of budget friendly destination leaders among neighboring countries
- Ambassador Badalyan met with Minister of Finance and Economy of Turkmenistan
- Armenian U-19 national team will hold friendly matches