Today is International Book Giving Day
February 14 is certainly known, first of all, as Valentine's Day. However, the number of people who know about another holiday celebrated on this very day, is growing year by year. Annually, starting from 2012, February 14 is celebrated as International Book Giving Day which unites all who give books to children and instills in them a love of reading.
The day of giving books a holiday that became international not only because of its global essence, but also because it originated from ordinary people, that is, the initiative belongs to one person - American Emmy Broadmoor - founder of the site of the children's book in the USA.
Emmy Broadmoor is mother of three children. It was the question by one of her sons: “Mom, why there is not such a day in the year when people give each other books”, that became the impetus for the birth of a new meaningful holiday.
Now, the ideological inspirers of promoting and popularizing the book and the holiday have achieved their goal: the book is still loved, and the holiday is of an international character.
- Israel nears completion of long-range bunker buster missile: report
- Armenia, Georgia sign 2019 military cooperation program
- Turkey condemns European parliament committee call to suspend accession
- Exercise could help protect you against developing depression
- Search for flooded lions of Tamanyan kicked off in Russia following Hay Dzayn publication
- Armenian church being built in Ufa, Russia (video)
- Armenian economy increased by 5.2% in 2018
- Young blogger Ruben Yesayan shot a short film on Hovhannes Tumanyan's 150th anniversary
- SDF troops advance on last remaining IS enclave in Deir ez-Zor (video)
- Arayik Harutyunyan relieved from position of advisor to Artsakh’s President
- Satanovsky about Armenian humanitarian contingent in Syria
- Civil march to take place in Yerevan on March 1
- Today is International Mother Language Day
- Questing for the Origins of Mer Hayrenik
- Georgian Defense Minister to visit Armenia on February 21
- In the daytime of February 23 and on 24 the air temperature will go up by 2-3 degrees
- Recipe Corner: Apricot Brandy Cake
- Armenian designer pioneers Interaction Design course in Canada
- Artsakh is always next to the Aznavour family: Seda Aznavour (video)
- Vicente del Bosque will arrive in Armenia this summer
- President Sarkissian extends condolences on death of philanthropist Louise Manoogian Simone
- AGBU Grieves the Loss of Beloved President and Visionary Leader Louise Manoogian Simone
- We will continue to sharply raise issues of social justice: Social Justice Party statement
- Bako Sahakyan sent a letter of condolence to the family of Louise Manoogian Simone
- Armenian FM meets with Minsk Group co-chairs in Yerevan