Today is International Book Giving Day
February 14 is certainly known, first of all, as Valentine's Day. However, the number of people who know about another holiday celebrated on this very day, is growing year by year. Annually, starting from 2012, February 14 is celebrated as International Book Giving Day which unites all who give books to children and instills in them a love of reading.
The day of giving books a holiday that became international not only because of its global essence, but also because it originated from ordinary people, that is, the initiative belongs to one person - American Emmy Broadmoor - founder of the site of the children's book in the USA.
Emmy Broadmoor is mother of three children. It was the question by one of her sons: “Mom, why there is not such a day in the year when people give each other books”, that became the impetus for the birth of a new meaningful holiday.
Now, the ideological inspirers of promoting and popularizing the book and the holiday have achieved their goal: the book is still loved, and the holiday is of an international character.
- Alexis Ohanian welcomes Dwayne Johnson to Armenian "clan"
- 5 Day Weather Forecast
- Armenia to take part in World Championship with 9 weightlifters
- Liu Yifei: Mulan boycott urged after star backs HK police
- Siberian ulcer case recorded in Armenia
- “Forget-me-not” tower set to be built in Yerevan
- DOD Conducts Ground Launch Cruise Missile Test
- President Sarkissian, Khaldoon Al Mubarak meet in Manchester
- OSCE to conduct monitoring at Artsakh-Azerbaijan Line of Contact
- From Belgrade to Buenos Aires, these are the world's best party cities
- Oscars 2020 odds: Joaquin Phoenix and Once Upon a Time in Hollywood early favourites
- How social media affects girls' mental health: study
- Bulgur, Mint and Peach Salad Recipe
- George R.R. Martin: "Game Of Thrones" being over is "freeing"
- The air temperature will not essentially change
- International Photo Festival to be held in Yerevan
- Turkey Fires Kurdish Mayors Ahead of Military Push Into Syria - Bloomberg
- Iran warns U.S. against seizing Grace 1 oil tanker
- Study reveals over third of children and adolescents are passive smokers
- Danish PM hopes Trump ‘isn’t serious’ about buying Greenland: NYP
- Scientists on possible consequences of large-scale nuclear war
- Improvement of military positions is constant process: Armenia MOD
- Best food to lower high blood pressure
- Chinari village can no longer be fired at from Azerbaijan: Ararat Mirzoyan
- Messi completely recovered from calf injury