UNESCO: 264 Million Children and Teenagers do not Attend School
According to the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO), 264 million school-age children and adolescents are not attending school. The document was published today, on October 24.
2010-2015 During the period, the elementary school was completed by 83% of the children, the average school - 69%, and the elders 45%.
Only 17 percent of the world's countries have only one year of pre-school education.
There are equal opportunities for boys and girls in elementary schools only in 66 percent of the countries, in 45 percent in middle school and 25 percent in senior schools.
On the average, governments allocate 4,7% of GDP for education, thus calculating in UNESCO. Thus, according to the data, low-income countries do not meet an annual requirement of $ 39 billion (about 33 billion euros) to create equal access to quality education and training.
- Could sunscreen affect vitamin D deficiency?
- On September 22 the air temperature will go down by 8-10 degrees
- Armenia Wine's cognac wins silver at Int'l Wine & Spirit Competition
- Guest Recipe: Grapes Leaves with Rice, Lemon Juice, Olive Oil and Herbs
- Ten Volumes of Italian Diplomatic Documents on Armenians Soon to Be Completed
- Armenia Independence Day
- Putin congatulates Pashinyan
- Diabetes can be predicted at 8 years
- Trump says US supports desire of Armenian people to live in democratic country
- Exercise slows Alzheimer's Disease, study says
- Speaker of Parliament Ararat Mirzoyan offers congratulations on Independence Day
- World Cup: Levon Aronian started with a draw in the 1/8 finals
- Russia, China veto UN resolution calling for truce in Syria
- Bako Sahakyan congratulates Armenian counterpart on Independence Day
- Today is International Day of Peace
- Let’s protect and defend our state, our church, be tolerant and caring towards one another: Armenian President's congratulatory message on Independence Day
- Top officials of Armenia and Artsakh visit Yerablur military pantheon on Independence Day
- Independence Day of Armenia and International Day of Peace: September 21
- Post-Revolution Art: Dialogues about Revolution and Power
- Chicken liver salad recipe
- Armenia’s Police Chief Dismissed, Appointed Adviser To Pashinyan
- In the afternoon of September 21 the wind speed may reach up to 20-25 m/s
- French actor of Armenian descent Charles Gérard dies aged 96
- Elizabeth II congratulates Sarkissian on Armenian Independence Day
- Surp Amenaprkich Ghazanchetsots Cathedral in Shushi