Yerevan park inaugurated in Chicago (video)
A park named in honor of the Armenian capital city of Yerevan was officially opened in Chicago, the capital of the U.S. state of Illinois, on Sunday, September 9.
The project was initiated by the Honorary Council of Armenia and the official representative of Business Armenia to Chicago Paruir Sarkisian and supported by the Armenian community and the local municipality.
The Honorary council and the honorary representative of Business Armenia Oskar Tatossian noted that the two cities are currently working on starting cooperation in the spheres of tourism and high-tech.
"Chicago has always been a tourist hotspot. The newly opened park may serve as yet another reason to visit Armenia and even start new business relations,” said the International cooperation manager of Business Armenia, Alina Yeghiazaryan.
“The Armenian park will also support the development of Yerevan-Chicago fellowship,” said Sarkisian.
- Armenian cuisine: Basturma
- Paying Tribute To Diana Der Hovanessian
- The War that Did Not End All Wars: Edmond Y. Azadian
- Vatican slams Iran sanctions, calls for commitment to obligations
- Syrian army inches closer to large volcano under Islamic State control
- The Newly Appointed Ambassador of Armenia to the United States Presented Copies of his Credentials to the Chief of Protocol
- Armenia repairing road connecting Yerevan to Iranian border
- Diocesan Delegation Pays First Official Visit To The Armenian Consulate General
- President of Artsakh arrives in U.S. on working visit
- November 17 is the International Students' Day
- Today Armenia celebrates Military Medical Day
- Armenian cuisine: Tzhvzhik
- Majestic Tekeyan Hall in Cairo Opens: Armenian Mirror-Spectator
- Lost Disney film featuring ‘origin’ of Mickey Mouse found in Japan
- In most regions precipitation and in mountainous regions wet snow is predicted
- Startup created by Armenian Americans is now a 1.7 bn business
- Apple to make feature-length movies with studio partner A24
- Finding my Armenia, a century after the genocide
- To avoid new migration wave, Europe should abandon ‘phobia’ of helping Syria – Putin
- French refusal, Azerbaijani hysteria
- North Korea's Kim Jong-un supervises test of 'new ultramodern weapon'
- For the first time in history, Israel appoints Arab Christian George Dick as ambassador to Azerbaijan
- Pashinyan and Tonoyan follow military exercises
- Sam Worthington to Star in Netflix Thriller from Brad Anderson
- David Nalbandian meets with Messi, Piqué