Armenian National Security Service chief resigns
Director of the National Security Service Artur Vanetsyan has submitted his resignation, Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan told a press conference on Monday, September 16.
While Pashinyan said the decision is based on mutual agreement, Vanetsyan himself issued a statement, in which he described his resignation as a “sobering step”.
“The state-building process has its logic: the spontaneity of decisions, the radicality of actions, and the practice of not distinguishing between the primary and the secondary, the transient and the permanent does not lead to the attainment of goals.”
“It has nothing to do with an officer’s dignity.”
President Armen Sarkissian has already signed Vanetsyan’s resignation letter.
Vanetsyan was appointed to the post on May 10, 2018, following the “velvet revolution” which saw the resignation of the former authorities and the election of Pashinyan has the country’s new PM.
- Statement of MFA of Armenia on the adoption of Resolution 296 affirming the US record on the Armenian Genocide by US House of Representatives
- Pushed by latest Turkey aggression, House passes resolution formally commemorating the Armenian Genocide. The Boston Globe
- Today is renowned Armenian actor Sos Sargsyan's birthday
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 2-3 degrees, in the daytime of 20 it will go down as much
- Armenian PM, President of Artsakh discuss mutual cooperation in Yerevan
- Recipe Corner: Stuffed Roma Tomatoes with Three Cheeses
- President of Armenia holds meeting with delegation of Confindustria Russia
- Coffee may be useful in the fight against diabetes, scientist say
- Armenia's Haypost wins first prize at Europa Stamps 2019
- 2,000 CSTO troops participating in Search 2019 exercise
- Nepal, China agree to remeasure height of Mt Everest: Times of India
- One of the rarest coins in the world dating back to 723AD goes on sale for £1.6MILLION
- Aronian and Hakobyan are half a point behind tournament leaders
- Armenian FM, OSCE MG Co-Chairs highlight formation of favorable environment for peace
- Japan Typhoon death toll rises: NHK
- Airbus delegation to visit Armenia at President’s invitation
- Armenian PM receives OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs
- Syrian army enters Manbij to block Turkey’s expansion
- Today is Global Handwashing Day
- Kim Kardashian “emotional” over visit to Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- US sanctions Turkish ministries over Syria offensive
- Remote working may increase stress, reduce well-being: study
- Lepsius House, Genocide Museum Signs Cooperation Agreement
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 3-4 degrees
- Holy Trinity Armenian Apostolic Church Bread Sticks (Simit)