Azerbaijani FM’s claims are of non-constructive nature and devalue the seriousness of the peace process: MFA spokesperson
Claims of Azerbaijani foreign minister Elmar Mammadyarov do not correspond to reality and are of non-constructive nature, Armenia’s MFA spokesperson Anna Naghdalyan told Aysor.am.
“The claims of the Azerbaijani foreign minister do not correspond to reality. Such approach is non-constructive and devalues the seriousness of the peace process,” Naghdalyan said.
Mammadyarov stated yesterday that the co-chairs introduced proposals to the parties at the meeting in Washington D.C.
“The co-chairs proposed withdrawal of troops and deployment of peacekeeping forces. But the proposals are yet to be worked on,” he said.
Anna Naghdalyan stressed that still before the meeting in Washington D.C. and during it issues on easing the situation escalated because of Azerbaijani side in the recent period were discussed.
“The co-chairs urged to undertake immediate steps to restore the peace-promoting atmosphere and maintain the ceasefire regime and introduced proposals relating to the humanitarian sector and reduction of risks,” Naghdalyan said, adding that the misinformation of the Azerbaijani side brings to conclusion that this country is not planning to implement the calls and proposals of the co-chairs.
“Moreover, the claim that the negotiations may successfully proceed in conditions of regular violations of ceasefire regime seriously harms the efforts undertaken in the direction of the conflict settlement and impedes the peace process,” MFA spokesperson said.
- On July 26-27 the air temperature will go down by 3-4 degrees
- Britain weighs response to Iran Gulf crisis with few good options
- Most harmful to tooth enamel drinks named
- Discovering Armenia: Surp Astvatsatsin Church of Karbi (photos)
- EU pledges "multi-million support" to help revamp Armenia's judiciary
- Tekeyan Cultural Association, Inc. Dr. Nubar Berberian Annual Awards
- Cavusoglu says Turkey is ready for new operation in Syria
- Increased danger level declared in France due to heat
- Ambassador Świtalski reaffirms EU’s position on NK conflict settlement
- Shot fired from Azerbaijani side in Nakhchivan section was not targeted: Armenia Defense Minister
- Zelensky's party set for big win in parliamentary elections
- Armenia must continue efforts for visa-free regime with EU: Switalski
- Iranian Foreign Minister calls US sanctions economic terrorism
- Armenia expects first Russian Su-30 fighters in late 2019 or early 2020
- New birthday photos of Prince George
- President of Artsakh attends final of international sport dance contest-festival in Stepanakert
- Artsakh is part of ancient Armenia: Ukrainian journalist on his journey
- Tigran Avinyan met with Armenian community in Boston
- 8 injured after lightning strike at Florida beach:
- Today is International Boxing Day
- Shinzo Abe intends to sign peace treaty with Russia while in office
- Nikol Pashinyan partakes in MOD graduates' graduation ceremony (live)
- World is changing rapidly, those who do not notice it, will be late: Armen Sarkissian visits Vanadzor Technology Center
- Eve of the Fast of Transfiguration
- Hye Pointe Armenian Church Holds Ceremony for Consecration of Cross