Catholicos of All Armenians visits AGBU "Alexander" school and "Alexander" nursing home
His Holiness Karekin II, who is on a pontifical visit to Australia, on February 6, visited the AGBU "Alexandr" School, accompanied by Primate of the Armenian Diocese of Australia and New Zealand, His Eminence Archbishop Haykazun Najarian.
School director Manouk Demirchyan presented the mission of the college, the historical path it passed. Then the schoolchildren performed their songs and speeches.
Touching upon the impressive performance of the schoolchildren, the Catholicos of All Armenians underlined that true patriotism is the work that today is conducted by the children of the community, thanks to which they grow up to be Armenian, patriotic, bringing honor to the nation. There is no greater patriotism, greater devotion and excerpt from the work than those, done by educators with our children.
On the occasion of the visit, His Holiness gave gifts to the school and the administration and presented the children the Holy Echmiadzin crosses.
On the same day, His Holiness Karekin II, Supreme Patriarch and Catholicos of All Armenians, visited "Alexander" nursing home.
After the prayer, His Holiness talked with the Armenian community, highly assessed the careful work of the community structures, their accomplishments and godly deeds.
- Statement of MFA of Armenia on the adoption of Resolution 296 affirming the US record on the Armenian Genocide by US House of Representatives
- Pushed by latest Turkey aggression, House passes resolution formally commemorating the Armenian Genocide. The Boston Globe
- Today is renowned Armenian actor Sos Sargsyan's birthday
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 2-3 degrees, in the daytime of 20 it will go down as much
- Recipe Corner: Stuffed Roma Tomatoes with Three Cheeses
- Armenian PM, President of Artsakh discuss mutual cooperation in Yerevan
- President of Armenia holds meeting with delegation of Confindustria Russia
- Coffee may be useful in the fight against diabetes, scientist say
- Armenia's Haypost wins first prize at Europa Stamps 2019
- 2,000 CSTO troops participating in Search 2019 exercise
- Nepal, China agree to remeasure height of Mt Everest: Times of India
- One of the rarest coins in the world dating back to 723AD goes on sale for £1.6MILLION
- Aronian and Hakobyan are half a point behind tournament leaders
- Armenian FM, OSCE MG Co-Chairs highlight formation of favorable environment for peace
- Japan Typhoon death toll rises: NHK
- Airbus delegation to visit Armenia at President’s invitation
- Armenian PM receives OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs
- Syrian army enters Manbij to block Turkey’s expansion
- Today is Global Handwashing Day
- Kim Kardashian “emotional” over visit to Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- US sanctions Turkish ministries over Syria offensive
- Remote working may increase stress, reduce well-being: study
- Lepsius House, Genocide Museum Signs Cooperation Agreement
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 3-4 degrees
- Holy Trinity Armenian Apostolic Church Bread Sticks (Simit)