Catholicos of All Armenians hosted Georgia President (photos)
On 14 March, at the Mother See of Holy Etchmiadzin, Catholicos of All Armenians Karekin II hosted President of Georgia Salome Zourabichvili, who is on an official visit to Armenia.
As reported the Information System of the Mother See of Holy Etchmiadzin, welcoming the visit of the President of Georgia to Armenia and the Mother See of Holy Etchmiadzin, His Holiness attached importance to the meetings between the heads of both states, which contribute to further strengthening of friendly ties between Georgia and Armenia and welcomed the expanding partnership between the two countries, noting that this is in line with the centuries-old friendship.
His Holiness affirmed that the Christian faith and value system have played a special role in the friendship between the two nations and attached importance to the efforts aimed at preserving the purity of the same Christian value system in our days and the support of the governments to those efforts.
His Holiness particularly touched upon the issues on preservation of Armenian shrines and cultural heritage in Georgia and voiced hope that the Georgian authorities would take care of these issues.
During the meeting, the Catholicos of All Armenians conveyed his fraternal greetings and kind wishes to Ilia II, leader of the Georgian Orthodox Church, Catholicos-Patriarch of All Georgia.
In her turn, President Zourabichvili expressed joy for her second visit to Armenia and touched upon the challenges facing Georgia. Talking about the current situation in the region, the President of Georgia stated that there is no alternative to peace. Zourabichvili also touched upon the existing cooperation between Georgia and Armenia and the perspectives for development of that cooperation.
At the end, the Catholicos of All Armenians wished peace and welfare to the fraternal Georgian nation.
- Komitas’ letters to Hovhannes Toumanian
- Syrian Restaurants in Armenia: A Pinch of Home, A Taste of Exile
- First-ever Armenian-language TV station launches in Turkey
- Аwards ceremony for the winners of 2018/2019 season was held
- Exiled Turkish journalist reunited with family in Germany after 3 years
- Karabakh President visits Askeran, Martakert Regions
- Apple registers 7 Mac notebooks in Eurasian database
- Recipe Corner: Guest Recipe: Baked Spinach and Eggs (Havgitov Spanach)
- Everything you should know about proper nutrition and healthy lifestyle: Lidia Ayvazyan is the guest of Hay Dzayn Today
- Minsk 2019: Lineup of the Armenia Greco-Roman wrestling team
- Pashinyan Faces Traps in and out of Armenia: Armenian Mirror-Spectator
- Yerevan-Tehran roundtrip regular flights launched on June 15
- Yervand Kochar's most famous sculptures
- President Sarkissian congratulated China’s Xi Jinping on birthday
- Armenia's Levon Aronian shares 2nd-3rd spots at Norway Chess
- Today is Republic of Armenia National Flag Day
- 7th Pan-Armenian Summer Games’ torch heads from Turkey’s Van to Karabakh’s Stepanakert
- Today is Armenian prominent sculptor Ervand Kochar’s birthday
- Journalist Deniz Yücel Speaks Out on Arrest in Turkey
- Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon Panossian Gives Kids Smiles in Armenia
- Interview with President Armen Sarkissian: Financial Times of London
- The air temperature will not essentially change
- BMW 8 Series Gran Coupe Leaks То Preview Stunning 6 Series GC Successor
- Vardenis “Andranik” FC won in Armenian youth championship (photos)
- Armenia improves standing in Global Peace Index