Catholicos of All Armenians hosted Georgia President (photos)
On 14 March, at the Mother See of Holy Etchmiadzin, Catholicos of All Armenians Karekin II hosted President of Georgia Salome Zourabichvili, who is on an official visit to Armenia.
As reported the Information System of the Mother See of Holy Etchmiadzin, welcoming the visit of the President of Georgia to Armenia and the Mother See of Holy Etchmiadzin, His Holiness attached importance to the meetings between the heads of both states, which contribute to further strengthening of friendly ties between Georgia and Armenia and welcomed the expanding partnership between the two countries, noting that this is in line with the centuries-old friendship.
His Holiness affirmed that the Christian faith and value system have played a special role in the friendship between the two nations and attached importance to the efforts aimed at preserving the purity of the same Christian value system in our days and the support of the governments to those efforts.
His Holiness particularly touched upon the issues on preservation of Armenian shrines and cultural heritage in Georgia and voiced hope that the Georgian authorities would take care of these issues.
During the meeting, the Catholicos of All Armenians conveyed his fraternal greetings and kind wishes to Ilia II, leader of the Georgian Orthodox Church, Catholicos-Patriarch of All Georgia.
In her turn, President Zourabichvili expressed joy for her second visit to Armenia and touched upon the challenges facing Georgia. Talking about the current situation in the region, the President of Georgia stated that there is no alternative to peace. Zourabichvili also touched upon the existing cooperation between Georgia and Armenia and the perspectives for development of that cooperation.
At the end, the Catholicos of All Armenians wished peace and welfare to the fraternal Georgian nation.
- Syrian army encircles militants, Turkish Army in southern Idlib NEW 9 MINUTES AGO
- World health report raises concerns about microplastics in drinking water: CBS news
- Artsakh’s Volunteer National Review disseminated at UN
- Fans to hold march ahead of FC Ararat-Armenia - Dudelange match
- New Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductology opens in Armenia for clinical residents
- Pakhlava recipe
- Levon Aronian loses in Sinquefield Cup
- Soso Pavliashvili to give a concert in Yerevan
- The air temperature will not essentially change
- Vacationing More Often May Reduce Metabolic Syndrome Risk
- Armen Sarkissian appointed new advisor
- Nikol Pashinyan offered birthday greetings to Garegin II
- Air temperature is 4-5 degrees higher than the norm: chief meteorologist
- Xiaomi posts 15% rise in second quarter revenue, below expectations
- Picture Group announces Matrix 4 with Keanu Reeves and Carrie-Anne Moss reprising roles
- OSCE monitoring on Artsakh and Azerbaijan armed forces contact line conducted
- Russian specialist conducted unique free vascular operations at Armavir MC
- Lydian assumes obligation that Amulsar's contaminated waters will not be released into environment
- UN Security Council to hold emergency session on US missile projects on August 22
- Pashinyan holds consultation on Amulsar matter
- Neymar is close to returning to Barcelona
- Armenian Meat Ball Soup recipe
- U.S. warns Greece against helping Iranian tanker
- Yerevan Mayor sues municipal council ex-member
- Today is International Day of Remembrance and Tribute to the Victims of Terrorism