Catholicos of All Armenians received pilgrims of the Diocese of the Armenian Church of America
His Holiness Garegin II, the Supreme Patriarch and Catholicos of All Armenians, met with 36 pilgrims from the oldest communities of the Eastern Armenian Diocese of the State of Minnesota, who arrived in their homeland for a two-week visit under the leadership of the pastor of St. Sahak and Priest Tadeos Barseghyan.
As reported in the press service of the Mother See, in his welcoming speech, priest Tadeos said that most of the pilgrims are in Armenia for the first time and expressed joy that the visit begins with the blessing of the Armenian Patriarch. The Holy Father introduced His Holiness to the achievement of community life, adding that the community is increasing from year to year, and the number of pupils in Armenian daily and Sunday schools is also increasing.
Blessing the Armenians living in America, the Catholicos of All Armenians noted the importance of organizing pilgrimages to their homeland, which restores the national, spiritual consciousness of the Armenians, introducing them to their own identity, the heroic past of the Armenian people. His Holiness noted that thanks to the Christian faith and patriotism, every Armenian living in the Diaspora continues to educate the younger generation in the spirit of national values, while maintaining an active Armenian community.
The Armenian Patriarch also touched upon the idea of Holy Etchmiadzin, noting that Echmiadzin is in the hearts and prayers of all Armenians, and in the most difficult moments of history, Christian faith and hope helped Armenians scattered throughout the world to confront the challenges facing the nation and the Church.
His Holiness talked about the difficulties and problems that exist in the life of the motherland and the diaspora, and ways to overcome them. In this regard, the Primate of the Armenian Diocese in the person of Ter-Tadeos praised the ministers of the Armenian dioceses of the diaspora for carrying out their spiritual mission with diligence and devotion and the preservation of national values.
After the meeting, the pilgrims took part in the holy liturgy.
- Cheese chebureki recipe
- Levon Aronian reaches FIDE World Cup quarterfinals
- Оn 24-27 the air temperature will gradually go up by 6-7 degrees
- Ukraine’s Zelensky signs impeachment bill
- Venezuela’s Maduro says ready for talks with Trump if US changes policy
- System of a Down heading to Portugal, Spain, Germany in 2020
- Rouhani urges Gulf states to jointly ensure the security of the region
- Armenia PM makes new appointment
- Junk food impairs memory, study says
- Can you imagine if I suddenly start speaking without thinking about the consequences?
- Concert marking Komitas’ 150th anniversary held in Moscow
- British Oil Tanker Seized By Iran Will Be Released Soon, Iranian Official Says: Reuters
- Most people do not know that they suffer from migraines
- Levon Aronian reached quarter finals of World Chess Cup
- Azerbaijan attempts subversive attack against Artsakh
- Масленица Обретения Креста на горе Вараг
- Could sunscreen affect vitamin D deficiency?
- On September 22 the air temperature will go down by 8-10 degrees
- Armenia Wine's cognac wins silver at Int'l Wine & Spirit Competition
- Guest Recipe: Grapes Leaves with Rice, Lemon Juice, Olive Oil and Herbs
- Ten Volumes of Italian Diplomatic Documents on Armenians Soon to Be Completed
- Armenia Independence Day
- Putin congatulates Pashinyan
- Diabetes can be predicted at 8 years
- Trump says US supports desire of Armenian people to live in democratic country