US may offer Turkey new terms for Patriot and F-35 shipments
Washington may make Ankara a new proposal for the supply of American Patriot anti-aircraft missile systems and fifth-generation F-35 fighters. This was reported to informed sources by Haberturk.
According to the publication, the parties are preparing to sign a free trade agreement at the level of $ 100 billion. As part of the document, Turkey will receive a new proposal for the supply of Patriot and F-35 air defense systems. Washington will also reduce duties on aluminum and steel for Ankara.
On September 21, Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan promised to consider buying Patriot from the United States under all the conditions of Ankara.
Moscow and Ankara entered into an agreement on the supply of S-400 air defense systems in 2017, after which the United States opposed the deal and began to threaten Ankara with sanctions for the acquisition of Russian weapons. However, the Turkish side did not refuse the contract.
Currently, the supply of S-400 to Turkey has already been completed. The Turkish military will be trained to work with anti-aircraft missile system until January 2, 2020.
In August, the United States officially withdrew its offer to Turkey to sell Patriot to it instead of the Russian S-400. Ankara was also removed from the F-35 fighter program. The American leader Donald Trump then said that he would not sell aircraft to Turkey, since the country agreed to buy Russian S-400s.
- Statement of MFA of Armenia on the adoption of Resolution 296 affirming the US record on the Armenian Genocide by US House of Representatives
- Pushed by latest Turkey aggression, House passes resolution formally commemorating the Armenian Genocide. The Boston Globe
- Today is renowned Armenian actor Sos Sargsyan's birthday
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 2-3 degrees, in the daytime of 20 it will go down as much
- Recipe Corner: Stuffed Roma Tomatoes with Three Cheeses
- Armenian PM, President of Artsakh discuss mutual cooperation in Yerevan
- President of Armenia holds meeting with delegation of Confindustria Russia
- Coffee may be useful in the fight against diabetes, scientist say
- Armenia's Haypost wins first prize at Europa Stamps 2019
- 2,000 CSTO troops participating in Search 2019 exercise
- Nepal, China agree to remeasure height of Mt Everest: Times of India
- One of the rarest coins in the world dating back to 723AD goes on sale for £1.6MILLION
- Aronian and Hakobyan are half a point behind tournament leaders
- Armenian FM, OSCE MG Co-Chairs highlight formation of favorable environment for peace
- Japan Typhoon death toll rises: NHK
- Airbus delegation to visit Armenia at President’s invitation
- Armenian PM receives OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs
- Syrian army enters Manbij to block Turkey’s expansion
- Today is Global Handwashing Day
- Kim Kardashian “emotional” over visit to Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- US sanctions Turkish ministries over Syria offensive
- Remote working may increase stress, reduce well-being: study
- Lepsius House, Genocide Museum Signs Cooperation Agreement
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 3-4 degrees
- Holy Trinity Armenian Apostolic Church Bread Sticks (Simit)