Ararat Mirzoyan received Iranian ambassador to Armenia
On January 24, RA NA Speaker Ararat Mirzoyan received the Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of Iran to Armenia Seyed Kazem Sajjad.
As reported by the NA Department of Public Relations and Media, welcoming the guest, the NA Speaker noted the importance of the current level of Armenian-Iranian relations, which are based on a solid foundation of centuries-old friendship and mutual trust.
The RA NA Speaker highly appreciated the ambassador’s efforts and consistent work in further expanding the bilateral relations agenda, assuring him that the parliament is also ready to contribute to any mutually beneficial initiative for their expansion. Regarding inter-parliamentary cooperation, he noted the importance of cooperation between friendship groups, which will have an impact on the intensification of bilateral relations.
Congratulating Ararat Mirzoyan on his election as speaker, Seyed Kazem Sajjad wished him success. Assessing the effective interaction of Armenia and Iran at international arena, the ambassador assured that Iran was and remains close to Armenia.
Seyed Kazem Sajjad noted important reciprocal visits, noting that they significantly bring the relations of the two countries and peoples closer together. The sides discussed the bilateral agenda in various areas, in particular, noting that there is untapped potential for the development and expansion of Armenian-Iranian relations. They expressed confidence that the deepening of economic ties could contribute to the effective use of the possibilities of the Meghri and Araz FEZ.
Seyed Kazem Sajjad conveyed greetings of Ali Larijani to Ararat Mirzoyan and his invitation to visit Iran.
- Statement of MFA of Armenia on the adoption of Resolution 296 affirming the US record on the Armenian Genocide by US House of Representatives
- Pushed by latest Turkey aggression, House passes resolution formally commemorating the Armenian Genocide. The Boston Globe
- Today is renowned Armenian actor Sos Sargsyan's birthday
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 2-3 degrees, in the daytime of 20 it will go down as much
- Recipe Corner: Stuffed Roma Tomatoes with Three Cheeses
- Armenian PM, President of Artsakh discuss mutual cooperation in Yerevan
- President of Armenia holds meeting with delegation of Confindustria Russia
- Coffee may be useful in the fight against diabetes, scientist say
- Armenia's Haypost wins first prize at Europa Stamps 2019
- 2,000 CSTO troops participating in Search 2019 exercise
- Nepal, China agree to remeasure height of Mt Everest: Times of India
- One of the rarest coins in the world dating back to 723AD goes on sale for £1.6MILLION
- Aronian and Hakobyan are half a point behind tournament leaders
- Armenian FM, OSCE MG Co-Chairs highlight formation of favorable environment for peace
- Japan Typhoon death toll rises: NHK
- Airbus delegation to visit Armenia at President’s invitation
- Armenian PM receives OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs
- Syrian army enters Manbij to block Turkey’s expansion
- Today is Global Handwashing Day
- Kim Kardashian “emotional” over visit to Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- US sanctions Turkish ministries over Syria offensive
- Remote working may increase stress, reduce well-being: study
- Lepsius House, Genocide Museum Signs Cooperation Agreement
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 3-4 degrees
- Holy Trinity Armenian Apostolic Church Bread Sticks (Simit)