Discovering Armenia: the legend of Lake Sevan
Lake Sevan - the “Blue Pearl” of Armenia, is the largest lake in the Caucasus and one of the largest mountain freshwater lakes in the world. Its area is 1,400 square kilometers, it is located at an altitude of 1900 m above sea level. 28 large and small rivers flow into Sevan, but only one flows out - the river Hrazdan. The lake has a volcanic formation and is surrounded by mountain ranges, reaching up to 3000 m above sea level. Beautiful nature and crystal clear water create wonderful conditions for your rest.
The colors of the rainbow shine its waters, fanned by many legends and stories.
Once upon a time there were fertile arable land and lush gardens, which were irrigated from the water spring. It was small, but strong, and the hole from which it flowed had to be locked with a huge stone. But once there was a misfortune: one frivolous beauty, always "hovering in the clouds", took a jug of water, and forgot to close the hole of the spring. She returned home and went to bed. And the water, all night, gushing a powerful stream and flooded the neighborhood. People ran out of the houses - and the water approached the threshold. They climbed the trees - and the water rose higher and higher. The girl slept and did not suspect anything.
Then one of the old men shouted: "Let the one who did it turn into a stone!" And the water all came and came. Until the lake and the stone island were formed, which still towers above the azure surface of Sevan, like the head of that very girl ...
- Statement of MFA of Armenia on the adoption of Resolution 296 affirming the US record on the Armenian Genocide by US House of Representatives
- Pushed by latest Turkey aggression, House passes resolution formally commemorating the Armenian Genocide. The Boston Globe
- Today is renowned Armenian actor Sos Sargsyan's birthday
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 2-3 degrees, in the daytime of 20 it will go down as much
- Armenian PM, President of Artsakh discuss mutual cooperation in Yerevan
- Recipe Corner: Stuffed Roma Tomatoes with Three Cheeses
- President of Armenia holds meeting with delegation of Confindustria Russia
- Coffee may be useful in the fight against diabetes, scientist say
- Armenia's Haypost wins first prize at Europa Stamps 2019
- 2,000 CSTO troops participating in Search 2019 exercise
- Nepal, China agree to remeasure height of Mt Everest: Times of India
- One of the rarest coins in the world dating back to 723AD goes on sale for £1.6MILLION
- Aronian and Hakobyan are half a point behind tournament leaders
- Armenian FM, OSCE MG Co-Chairs highlight formation of favorable environment for peace
- Japan Typhoon death toll rises: NHK
- Airbus delegation to visit Armenia at President’s invitation
- Armenian PM receives OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs
- Syrian army enters Manbij to block Turkey’s expansion
- Today is Global Handwashing Day
- Kim Kardashian “emotional” over visit to Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- US sanctions Turkish ministries over Syria offensive
- Remote working may increase stress, reduce well-being: study
- Lepsius House, Genocide Museum Signs Cooperation Agreement
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 3-4 degrees
- Holy Trinity Armenian Apostolic Church Bread Sticks (Simit)