Discovering Armenia: the legend of Lake Sevan
Lake Sevan - the “Blue Pearl” of Armenia, is the largest lake in the Caucasus and one of the largest mountain freshwater lakes in the world. Its area is 1,400 square kilometers, it is located at an altitude of 1900 m above sea level. 28 large and small rivers flow into Sevan, but only one flows out - the river Hrazdan. The lake has a volcanic formation and is surrounded by mountain ranges, reaching up to 3000 m above sea level. Beautiful nature and crystal clear water create wonderful conditions for your rest.
The colors of the rainbow shine its waters, fanned by many legends and stories.
Once upon a time there were fertile arable land and lush gardens, which were irrigated from the water spring. It was small, but strong, and the hole from which it flowed had to be locked with a huge stone. But once there was a misfortune: one frivolous beauty, always "hovering in the clouds", took a jug of water, and forgot to close the hole of the spring. She returned home and went to bed. And the water, all night, gushing a powerful stream and flooded the neighborhood. People ran out of the houses - and the water approached the threshold. They climbed the trees - and the water rose higher and higher. The girl slept and did not suspect anything.
Then one of the old men shouted: "Let the one who did it turn into a stone!" And the water all came and came. Until the lake and the stone island were formed, which still towers above the azure surface of Sevan, like the head of that very girl ...
- On July 26-27 the air temperature will go down by 3-4 degrees
- Britain weighs response to Iran Gulf crisis with few good options
- Most harmful to tooth enamel drinks named
- Discovering Armenia: Surp Astvatsatsin Church of Karbi (photos)
- EU pledges "multi-million support" to help revamp Armenia's judiciary
- Tekeyan Cultural Association, Inc. Dr. Nubar Berberian Annual Awards
- Cavusoglu says Turkey is ready for new operation in Syria
- Increased danger level declared in France due to heat
- Ambassador Świtalski reaffirms EU’s position on NK conflict settlement
- Shot fired from Azerbaijani side in Nakhchivan section was not targeted: Armenia Defense Minister
- Zelensky's party set for big win in parliamentary elections
- Armenia must continue efforts for visa-free regime with EU: Switalski
- Iranian Foreign Minister calls US sanctions economic terrorism
- Armenia expects first Russian Su-30 fighters in late 2019 or early 2020
- New birthday photos of Prince George
- President of Artsakh attends final of international sport dance contest-festival in Stepanakert
- Artsakh is part of ancient Armenia: Ukrainian journalist on his journey
- Tigran Avinyan met with Armenian community in Boston
- 8 injured after lightning strike at Florida beach:
- Today is International Boxing Day
- Shinzo Abe intends to sign peace treaty with Russia while in office
- Nikol Pashinyan partakes in MOD graduates' graduation ceremony (live)
- World is changing rapidly, those who do not notice it, will be late: Armen Sarkissian visits Vanadzor Technology Center
- Eve of the Fast of Transfiguration
- Hye Pointe Armenian Church Holds Ceremony for Consecration of Cross