Artsakh participation in negotiations does not imply change of talks format: Pashinyan
Statements that the participation of Nagorno-Karabakh is changing the format of the negotiation process, are the strangest and the wrongest interpretation of the situation. Armenian Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan said this on March 19 at a press conference.
“And not only Aliyev speaks about this. Even in Armenia some think so. However, this is not a format change proposal, but a format recovery proposal. So that my words do not look unfounded, I will cite a few facts, ” - said the Prime Minister.
First, he recalled that when the Minsk Group was formed, among the potential participants invited to the conference, according to the organization’s adopted document, the participation of elected and other NK representatives as a side was emphasized. In May 1994, the armistice agreement was signed by three parties - the ministers of defense of Armenia, Artsakh and Azerbaijan.
“Armenia, by the way, is also indicated and the current head of the RPA signed the document,” - said Pashinyan.
In December 1994, the Budapest Declaration was adopted, one of the chapters of which is devoted to the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict. It says that the forum participants welcome the armistice agreement signed by the conflicting parties. That is, the OSCE recognized the agreement itself, signed by three parties, further, the statement of the chairman (then) László Kovács as of March 1995 following the meeting in Prague. It states that the DP confirms the previous OSCE decision on the participation of two states and another party (NK) in the negotiation process and the Minsk Conference.
“This is a consistent and internationally recognized format. That is, those who speak about changing the format are poorly uninformed about it,” - Pashinyan stressed.
He did not speak about how it happened that Artsakh left the negotiation process: “Let's not talk about it, although we all know who did that".
- Statement of MFA of Armenia on the adoption of Resolution 296 affirming the US record on the Armenian Genocide by US House of Representatives
- Pushed by latest Turkey aggression, House passes resolution formally commemorating the Armenian Genocide. The Boston Globe
- Today is renowned Armenian actor Sos Sargsyan's birthday
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 2-3 degrees, in the daytime of 20 it will go down as much
- Armenian PM, President of Artsakh discuss mutual cooperation in Yerevan
- Recipe Corner: Stuffed Roma Tomatoes with Three Cheeses
- President of Armenia holds meeting with delegation of Confindustria Russia
- Coffee may be useful in the fight against diabetes, scientist say
- Armenia's Haypost wins first prize at Europa Stamps 2019
- 2,000 CSTO troops participating in Search 2019 exercise
- Nepal, China agree to remeasure height of Mt Everest: Times of India
- One of the rarest coins in the world dating back to 723AD goes on sale for £1.6MILLION
- Aronian and Hakobyan are half a point behind tournament leaders
- Armenian FM, OSCE MG Co-Chairs highlight formation of favorable environment for peace
- Japan Typhoon death toll rises: NHK
- Airbus delegation to visit Armenia at President’s invitation
- Armenian PM receives OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs
- Syrian army enters Manbij to block Turkey’s expansion
- Today is Global Handwashing Day
- Kim Kardashian “emotional” over visit to Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- US sanctions Turkish ministries over Syria offensive
- Remote working may increase stress, reduce well-being: study
- Lepsius House, Genocide Museum Signs Cooperation Agreement
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 3-4 degrees
- Holy Trinity Armenian Apostolic Church Bread Sticks (Simit)