Argentina will not celebrate Turkish national holidays
In one of the largest cities in Argentina - La Plata, which is the administrative center of the province of Buenos Aires, an event was scheduled, within the framework of which the national holiday of Turkey was to be celebrated.
The local community was invited to participate in the event and get closer acquainted with Turkish culture.
However, the Armenian community of Argentina reacted decisively to the organization of such an event, expressing its protest through open letters on social networks and meeting with the government. Thanks to the efforts of the Armenian community, the event dedicated to the Turkish holidays, which, according to preliminary plans, had to last a whole day, was canceled.
The leadership of the city of La Plata reported that the event was canceled, confirming "their commitment to human rights and the prevention of such tragic events as the Armenian Genocide."
- Armenian, Azeri Foreign Ministers Meet in Washington (video report) NEW 12 MINUTES AGO
- Recipe Corner: Homemade Apricot Leather
- Venice may get into the "black list" of UNESCO
- Rouhani declared Iran’s unwillingness to fight with anyone
- Benefits of coffee for losing weight: study
- Break dancing provisionally approved for Paris Olympics
- Artsakh names new Secretary of Security Council
- A Delicate Georgian Balance
- Yerevan Council of Elders meeting in process (live)
- Today is International Day in Support of Victims of Torture
- PM’s wife attends grand opening of 2019 Fashion Forum Yerevan
- Trump threatened Iran to respond by force to "complete destruction"
- Life as it is... Today is Grigor Zohrap's birthday
- We and the portrait of Dorian Gray
- Syrian-Armenian artist Kevork Mourad to create six-meter hanging sculpture of Babel
- Prevention of genocide remains challenged, Armenia tells UN
- Real offer 130 million euros for Neymar ... plus Rodriguez or Bale
- Study shows vacation is good for the heart
- An Armenian's feat in Brest Fortress defense: Russian Defense Ministry's archive materials
- Armenia announces call for applications for Junior Eurovision 2019
- Armenia to hold international festival on Tigran Mansuryan's 80th birthday
- Armenian President meets famous American theoretical physicist, Nobel laureate Kip Thorn in Zurich
- The first in the history Talysh library to open in YSU
- Topics of the talks between Putin and Trump at G20 summit announced
- Delegation led by defense minister participates in Army 2019 International Military- Technical Forum in Russia