Armenian NPP connected to power system after repair works
The Armenian nuclear power plant is connected to the country's power system after completion of the annual repair works.
"On September 8, at 11:48 a.m., the turbine generator No. 3 of the second power unit of the Armenian NPP after scheduled preventive repairs reached the energy level of power and connected to the unified energy system of Armenia," the press service of Rusatom-service company reported on Monday "(general contractor of the ANPP modernization program).
According to the press release, as part of the preventive maintenance, the reactor control and protection system (CPS) was modernized, the sprinkler system was modernized to ensure the integrity of the reactor compartment building in emergency situations, and equipment was replaced.
The results of these works significantly increase the safety and reliability of the operation of the power unit.
The Armenian NPP is the only one in the South Caucasus region, located near the city of Metsamor - about 30 km west of Yerevan. Currently, only the second block of the ANPP is functioning, providing about 30-35% of the country's annual electricity generation.
In March 2014, the Armenian government decided to extend the life of the Armenian NPP until 2026 due to delays in the construction of a new nuclear power unit. The modernization and extension of the ANPP operation is financed by a Russian state export loan in the amount of $ 270 million and a grant in the amount of $ 30 million.
- Statement of MFA of Armenia on the adoption of Resolution 296 affirming the US record on the Armenian Genocide by US House of Representatives
- Pushed by latest Turkey aggression, House passes resolution formally commemorating the Armenian Genocide. The Boston Globe
- Today is renowned Armenian actor Sos Sargsyan's birthday
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 2-3 degrees, in the daytime of 20 it will go down as much
- Recipe Corner: Stuffed Roma Tomatoes with Three Cheeses
- Armenian PM, President of Artsakh discuss mutual cooperation in Yerevan
- President of Armenia holds meeting with delegation of Confindustria Russia
- Coffee may be useful in the fight against diabetes, scientist say
- Armenia's Haypost wins first prize at Europa Stamps 2019
- 2,000 CSTO troops participating in Search 2019 exercise
- Nepal, China agree to remeasure height of Mt Everest: Times of India
- One of the rarest coins in the world dating back to 723AD goes on sale for £1.6MILLION
- Aronian and Hakobyan are half a point behind tournament leaders
- Armenian FM, OSCE MG Co-Chairs highlight formation of favorable environment for peace
- Japan Typhoon death toll rises: NHK
- Airbus delegation to visit Armenia at President’s invitation
- Armenian PM receives OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs
- Syrian army enters Manbij to block Turkey’s expansion
- Today is Global Handwashing Day
- Kim Kardashian “emotional” over visit to Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- US sanctions Turkish ministries over Syria offensive
- Remote working may increase stress, reduce well-being: study
- Lepsius House, Genocide Museum Signs Cooperation Agreement
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 3-4 degrees
- Holy Trinity Armenian Apostolic Church Bread Sticks (Simit)