Armenian, Russian parliamentarians discuss bilateral military-political cooperation in Yerevan
The lawmakers of the Armenian and Russian parliaments have discussed a number of issues relating to the bilateral cooperation in the military-political field, Sergei Arenin – deputy chair of the Committee on Defense and Security of the Russian Federation Council, told reporters in Yerevan on May 17.
“Everything was done to overcome some barriers of cooperation. I think the meetings were held quite well. The positive mood in our relations, which is the most important, will continue. I think our partners will visit us, we will wait for them in Moscow”, he said.
Chairman of the Armenian parliamentary standing committee on Defense and Security Affairs Andranik Kocharyan stated that such meetings aim at increasing the security component of the countries.
“We do not have any problem with the security. Moreover, we will constantly raise the security component with such meetings because our main security component within the CSTO is within the frames of the Armenian-Russian military-political relations, and we will maintain and strengthen them”, he said.
The Russian Federation Council lawmakers laid flowers at the statue of USSR Marshal Hovhannes Baghramyan and the Eternal Flame in the Victory park.
- Armenia PM calls to block entrances and exits of all courts on Monday
- Today is the Armenian cinema founder Hamo Beknazarian’s birthday
- Primate Findikyan Refocuses Direction of Eastern Diocese, Assembly Covers Wide-ranging Issues
- Recipe Corner: Faloodeh or Paludeh ye Shirazi
- Trump may replace Green Card with "Build America" visa
- Syrian air defenses "activated over suspected Israeli airstrikes"
- Court orders release of ex-President Robert Kocharyan
- IMF OKs $250 mln stand-by arrangement for Armenia
- Risks and danger of high cholesterol levels
- Cadence Ensemble Performed Gomidas and Other Armenian Works in Washington (video)
- Europe Day events in Armenia will culminate in Yerevan on May 26
- Oil Prices Down
- Yerevan subway to operate on heightened mode today
- Vigil and Commemoration in Berlin
- Today is International Museum Day
- A Year after the Velvet Revolution
- In the daytime of May 17 the air temperature will increase by 1-2 degrees
- Armenia, Iraq joining forces to curb terrorists’ use of high techs
- Pashinyan intends to meet with Putin at SPIEF-2019
- Various events to be held in Matenadaran within Museum Day
- Chinese FM to visit Armenia
- Political prisoner Sevan Nisanyan granted Armenian citizenship two years after escaping Turkish prison
- US cuts Turkish steel tariffs by half to 25% : FT
- Belarusian cultural delegation visits Armenian Genocide Memorial in Yerevan
- Olympic future of boxing to be decided on May 22