Simon Martirosyan becomes world champion
Member of the Armenian weightlifting team, Simon Martirosyan becomes world champion during the championship in Turkmenistan.
In the snatch exercise Martirosyan raised 190 kg at the first approach, 195 kg at the second approach and 197 kg at the third approach which could become a world record but the referees did not count the approach.
Martirosyan raised 230 kg in the pull exercise, which is a world record.
In the second approach he raised 240 kg and set the second record. The Armenian weightlifter did not approach the 3rd time.
Simon Martirosyan became world champion at the age of 21 raising 435 kg in total.
- Armenian Dance Teacher from Japan: interview with Azat Gharibyan
- Armenia has lowest child suicide rate in Europe
- Armenian skier performs well at Finland-hosted tournament
- Recipe Corner: Baked Citrus Dill Salmon with Parsley and Onions
- Belarus to ship new batch of weapons to Azerbaijan
- Syrian army on high alert after militant attack kills 23 soldiers
- Russian military unveils video footage of new Su-57 stealth fighter in Syria
- Germany fully halts arms exports Saudi Arabia
- Acting first deputy PM reaffirms increase in tax burden is ruled out without public consent
- Members of Russian State Duma to observe early parliamentary elections in Armenia
- Armenia’s delegation led by Secretary of Security Council to depart for Moscow, Russia
- Ombudsman’s representatives carry out unannounced visit to Central Military Hospital
- Today is Universal Children's Day
- Roads mostly passable across Armenia, authorities urge drivers to shift to winter tires
- Russian cosmonauts expected to land on Moon after 2030
- Majestic Tekeyan Hall in Cairo Opens: Armenian Mirror-Spectator
- Azerbaijani manipulation: who is it addressed to?
- No precipitation is expected in the republic
- Recipe Corner: Garbanzo Bean and Vegetable Soup
- Paying Tribute To Diana Der Hovanessian
- Iran wants better ties with Iraq, Rouhani says
- Syrian army "foils militant attack" in northern Hama
- Extraordinary Cabinet meeting to be held today
- Today is Armenian outstanding national figure Maghakia Ormanian's memory day
- Naming himself defense chief, Netanyahu says ‘no room for politics’ in security