Armenian, Italian presidents hold meeting
President of Armenia Armen Sarkissian had a meeting with President of Italy Sergio Mattarella during his visit to Italy, Sarkissian’s Office said in a press release.
At the meeting Sarkissian informed Mattarella about his meetings and agreements with various Italian companies, noting that he intends to assist the latter in visiting Armenia and getting to know investment opportunities and transform the achieved agreements into practical actions.
Sarkissian thanked Mattarella for an invitation to pay a state visit to Italy in the future and welcomed the Chamber of Deputies’ adoption of a resolution on recognizing the Armenian Genocide, as well as the recent ratification of the Armenia-EU CEPA by the Senate.
The presidents noted the existing opportunities for cooperation in economic, educational, cultural and scientific sectors, highlighted the complete utilization of existing potential and mentioned that high-level mutual visits will significantly contribute to deepening bilateral relations and boost multilateral cooperation between Armenia and Italy.
Sarkissian and Mattarella expressed readiness to invest greater efforts in developing bilateral relations.
Noting the rich experience and traditions of parliamentary governance of Italy, the sides attached importance to partnership between the presidential administrations of the two countries, namely in exchange of experience programs between staffs.
- Statement of MFA of Armenia on the adoption of Resolution 296 affirming the US record on the Armenian Genocide by US House of Representatives
- Pushed by latest Turkey aggression, House passes resolution formally commemorating the Armenian Genocide. The Boston Globe
- Today is renowned Armenian actor Sos Sargsyan's birthday
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 2-3 degrees, in the daytime of 20 it will go down as much
- Recipe Corner: Stuffed Roma Tomatoes with Three Cheeses
- Armenian PM, President of Artsakh discuss mutual cooperation in Yerevan
- President of Armenia holds meeting with delegation of Confindustria Russia
- Coffee may be useful in the fight against diabetes, scientist say
- Armenia's Haypost wins first prize at Europa Stamps 2019
- 2,000 CSTO troops participating in Search 2019 exercise
- Nepal, China agree to remeasure height of Mt Everest: Times of India
- One of the rarest coins in the world dating back to 723AD goes on sale for £1.6MILLION
- Aronian and Hakobyan are half a point behind tournament leaders
- Armenian FM, OSCE MG Co-Chairs highlight formation of favorable environment for peace
- Japan Typhoon death toll rises: NHK
- Airbus delegation to visit Armenia at President’s invitation
- Armenian PM receives OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs
- Syrian army enters Manbij to block Turkey’s expansion
- Today is Global Handwashing Day
- Kim Kardashian “emotional” over visit to Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- US sanctions Turkish ministries over Syria offensive
- Remote working may increase stress, reduce well-being: study
- Lepsius House, Genocide Museum Signs Cooperation Agreement
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 3-4 degrees
- Holy Trinity Armenian Apostolic Church Bread Sticks (Simit)