Armenia's Haypost wins first prize at Europa Stamps 2019
Haypost, the national postal operator of Armenia, has won first prize at the 2019 edition of the pan-European online stamp competition. Haypost is followed by the Turkish Post and Finland's Posti Group Corporation.
The prize was given to the representative of the Armenian post service in Jersey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom, on the sidelines of the PostEurop Plenary Assembly which was attended by about 150 postal industry professionals from over 52 European countries.
The stamp was issued as part of Europa, the annual international joint issue of the member countries of the Association of European Postal Operators (PostEurope). The theme of this year's competition was National Birds and aimed at raising awareness about nature conservation.
The online competition had officially started on May 9.
Armenia was participating with a fully-illustrated postage stamp inspired by Armenian miniatures. The postage stamp depicts the barn swallow (Hirundo rustica) sitting on a branch in an environment typical of the flora of Armenia.
The stamp was authored by HayPost artist-designer Ashkhen (Mila) Khandzratsyan.
The Slovenian Post won this year's prize from the jury of philatelic experts.
Haypost said it reaffirms its mission of presenting the Armenian philately to the world and strengthening the Armenian stamp’s position on the international philatelic market.
- Statement of MFA of Armenia on the adoption of Resolution 296 affirming the US record on the Armenian Genocide by US House of Representatives
- Pushed by latest Turkey aggression, House passes resolution formally commemorating the Armenian Genocide. The Boston Globe
- Today is renowned Armenian actor Sos Sargsyan's birthday
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 2-3 degrees, in the daytime of 20 it will go down as much
- Armenian PM, President of Artsakh discuss mutual cooperation in Yerevan
- Recipe Corner: Stuffed Roma Tomatoes with Three Cheeses
- President of Armenia holds meeting with delegation of Confindustria Russia
- Coffee may be useful in the fight against diabetes, scientist say
- Armenia's Haypost wins first prize at Europa Stamps 2019
- 2,000 CSTO troops participating in Search 2019 exercise
- Nepal, China agree to remeasure height of Mt Everest: Times of India
- One of the rarest coins in the world dating back to 723AD goes on sale for £1.6MILLION
- Aronian and Hakobyan are half a point behind tournament leaders
- Armenian FM, OSCE MG Co-Chairs highlight formation of favorable environment for peace
- Japan Typhoon death toll rises: NHK
- Airbus delegation to visit Armenia at President’s invitation
- Armenian PM receives OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs
- Syrian army enters Manbij to block Turkey’s expansion
- Today is Global Handwashing Day
- Kim Kardashian “emotional” over visit to Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- US sanctions Turkish ministries over Syria offensive
- Remote working may increase stress, reduce well-being: study
- Lepsius House, Genocide Museum Signs Cooperation Agreement
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 3-4 degrees
- Holy Trinity Armenian Apostolic Church Bread Sticks (Simit)