Armenia’s Victory over Bosnia and Herzegovina Brings Its Soccer Team Back to Third Horizontal (video)
On Sunday, September 8 Armenia defeated Bosnia and Herzegovina 4-2 during the Euro 2020 qualifying clash. Armenia’s squad’s scored two goals at the 10th and 66th minutes of the game.
Three minutes after Armenia’s captain’s initial goal, Edin Dzeko from the opposing team leveled the game and the teams went to half-time break tied at 1:1 score. Almost identically, following the break, Amer Goyal’s second goal followed only a few minutes after Henrikh Mkhitaryan scored again.
Soon after the 2:2 level score, first Hovhannes Hambardzumyan pushed the Armenian team ahead with a beautiful goal at the 77th minute, after which at the 95th minute of the game Bosnia’s Loncar defeated his own goal-keeper, hitting an autogoal, which made the Armenia’s success final.
With its 4:2 decisive victory, Armenia’s squad returned to the third horizontal of the J group of Euro 2020 qualifier games.
Robert Prosinecki, Bosnia’s coach, congratulated Armenians on this victory. “We have not used our scoring chances, and we need to move forward,” he said. However, shortly following the interview Prosinecki submitted his resignation to the president of the soccer federation of Bosnia.
“I came with the goal of qualifying Bosnia and Herzegovina for the European Championship,” said the former Yugoslavia and Croatia star. “Our chances are not completely lost, but I feel responsible and I resign.”
Another former Yugoslavian republic of Croatia tied with Armenia’s neighbor Azerbaijan (1:1) in Baku’s stadium on Monday, September 9. This was Azerbaijan’s squad’s first draw after four consequent losses in the Euro 2020 qualifying games.
The following video was prepared from YouTube amateur video sources.
Source: Armenian Mirror-Spectator
- Statement of MFA of Armenia on the adoption of Resolution 296 affirming the US record on the Armenian Genocide by US House of Representatives
- Pushed by latest Turkey aggression, House passes resolution formally commemorating the Armenian Genocide. The Boston Globe
- Today is renowned Armenian actor Sos Sargsyan's birthday
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 2-3 degrees, in the daytime of 20 it will go down as much
- Armenian PM, President of Artsakh discuss mutual cooperation in Yerevan
- Recipe Corner: Stuffed Roma Tomatoes with Three Cheeses
- President of Armenia holds meeting with delegation of Confindustria Russia
- Coffee may be useful in the fight against diabetes, scientist say
- Armenia's Haypost wins first prize at Europa Stamps 2019
- 2,000 CSTO troops participating in Search 2019 exercise
- Nepal, China agree to remeasure height of Mt Everest: Times of India
- One of the rarest coins in the world dating back to 723AD goes on sale for £1.6MILLION
- Aronian and Hakobyan are half a point behind tournament leaders
- Armenian FM, OSCE MG Co-Chairs highlight formation of favorable environment for peace
- Japan Typhoon death toll rises: NHK
- Airbus delegation to visit Armenia at President’s invitation
- Armenian PM receives OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs
- Syrian army enters Manbij to block Turkey’s expansion
- Today is Global Handwashing Day
- Kim Kardashian “emotional” over visit to Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- US sanctions Turkish ministries over Syria offensive
- Remote working may increase stress, reduce well-being: study
- Lepsius House, Genocide Museum Signs Cooperation Agreement
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 3-4 degrees
- Holy Trinity Armenian Apostolic Church Bread Sticks (Simit)