Acropolis of Athens to be closed for tourists because of heat
Athens Acropolis will be closed to visitors on Thursday and Friday from 13.00 to 17.00, because of heat, the Ministry of Culture and Sports of Greece reports.
The Office of Antiquities of Athens closes an archaeological monument, since, according to the forecast of the National Meteorological Service, the air temperature will exceed 40 degrees.
Visitors who bought electronic tickets for these dates and hours are asked to contact the sales service by email.
Throughout the territory of Greece, on July 4 and 5, according to meteorologists, the temperature will rise to 38-40 degrees.
The Acropolis in Athens is the most visited archaeological site in Greece. In 2018, it was visited by 3.15 million people. The most popular museum is the Acropolis Museum - 1.8 million people visited it.
- Ryanair, WizzAir “ready to fly to Armenia if departure tax is dropped”
- Ambassador: Russia respects events underway in Armenia
- Arshak Chopanyan and issues of ancient Armenian literature
- Nutritionist shares top 5 tips to lose weight
- President Sarkissian visits Megerian Carpet in Yerevan
- Recipe Corner: Layered Middle Eastern Mazza (or Salad)
- Tekeyan Cultural Association, Inc. Dr. Nubar Berberian Annual Awards
- Mkhitaryan meets with Armenian community in LA
- Iranian military aircraft spotted at Hama Airbase in Syria
- I wish 'Golden Apricot' further rotting: David Sahakyants
- Wetting is not mandatory, therefore, the authorities agreed to abandon this idea: Arpine Hovhannisyan
- Daron Acemoglu named MIT Institute Professor
- Arshak Chopanyan's activities as an ADL member
- Swiss scientists predict climate similar to Tashkent for Yerevan in 30 years
- Erdogan announced sending 100 people to Russia for learning how to work with S-400
- Armenian team won 5 medals at International Physics Olympiad
- EU foreign ministers to discuss situation around Iran
- 152 demonstrators detained in Paris
- Today is Armenian renowned writer, literary critic Arshak Chobanian's birthday
- In separate regions short-term rain and thunderstorm is predicted
- Deputy Armenian PM traveling to New York for UN Political Forum
- Armenia’s Health Ministry calls to refrain from swimming in some areas of Lake Sevan
- 5 foods that accelerate aging study
- Turkey dollar bonds extend falls on U.S. sanction worries: Reuters
- 90 ceasefire violations by Azerbaijan registered in past week