Official reception was held in the Australian state of New South Wales in honor of the Catholicos of All Armenians
On February 4, an official reception was held in the state of New South Wales in Australia, on the occasion of Karekin II, Supreme Patriarch and Catholicos of All Armenians' pontifical visit to Australia.
Mother See of Holy Etchmiadzin Press Service reports that governor Gladys Berejiklian received Armenian Catholicos in the parliament.
His Holiness welcomed the participants of the reception, as well as representatives of different Churches and Armenian organizations, expressing gratitude for the opportunity to meet.
"Your united presence at this meeting is a beautiful witness of respect for Armenian people, the Armenian Church, and friendship.
We have also come to express our gratitude to the Australian Government, the state, the city authorities , who kindly support the Armenian community in organizing and strengthening the Armenian national-church life in this picturesque continent.
For us, as the spiritual head of the Armenian Church and the first servant, is a delight to see the love and respect that our people, as worthy and law-abiding citizens, enjoy in Australia, " - said His Holiness Karekin II.
Talking about the national and spiritual life of the Australian-Armenian community, the Catholicos of All Armenians confirmed that the active activity of the Armenian people is also a great and important contribution to the strengthening of relations and cooperation between Australia and Armenia.
His Holiness expressed hope that the friendship and cooperation between the countries would be more preoccupied with the activities of diplomatic missions, and the relevant bodies of the Republic of Armenia and the Australian Union will take appropriate steps in the near future to establish diplomatic relations.
- Statement of MFA of Armenia on the adoption of Resolution 296 affirming the US record on the Armenian Genocide by US House of Representatives
- Pushed by latest Turkey aggression, House passes resolution formally commemorating the Armenian Genocide. The Boston Globe
- Today is renowned Armenian actor Sos Sargsyan's birthday
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 2-3 degrees, in the daytime of 20 it will go down as much
- Recipe Corner: Stuffed Roma Tomatoes with Three Cheeses
- Armenian PM, President of Artsakh discuss mutual cooperation in Yerevan
- President of Armenia holds meeting with delegation of Confindustria Russia
- Coffee may be useful in the fight against diabetes, scientist say
- Armenia's Haypost wins first prize at Europa Stamps 2019
- 2,000 CSTO troops participating in Search 2019 exercise
- Nepal, China agree to remeasure height of Mt Everest: Times of India
- One of the rarest coins in the world dating back to 723AD goes on sale for £1.6MILLION
- Aronian and Hakobyan are half a point behind tournament leaders
- Armenian FM, OSCE MG Co-Chairs highlight formation of favorable environment for peace
- Japan Typhoon death toll rises: NHK
- Airbus delegation to visit Armenia at President’s invitation
- Armenian PM receives OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs
- Syrian army enters Manbij to block Turkey’s expansion
- Today is Global Handwashing Day
- Kim Kardashian “emotional” over visit to Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- US sanctions Turkish ministries over Syria offensive
- Remote working may increase stress, reduce well-being: study
- Lepsius House, Genocide Museum Signs Cooperation Agreement
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 3-4 degrees
- Holy Trinity Armenian Apostolic Church Bread Sticks (Simit)