Today is Artsakh President Bako Sahakyan's birthday
Today is Artsakh Republic President Bako Sahakyan's birthday.
Bako Sahakyan was born on 30 August 1960 in Stepanakert where he completed secondary school N 1 in 1977. During 1978-80 he served in the Soviet Army.In
1981 Bako Sahakyan started to work at the Stepankert automated production shop N9 as a machinist. Then he worked at Stepanakert workshop of construction materials as a quarry worker.
From 1983-1987, he worked as a restorer at the Stepanakert branch of the Scientific Department of Ancient Monuments' Restoration.
From 1987-1990, he worked at the regional Procurement Administration as a procurer.
In 1988 Bako Sahakyan became one of the activists of the Artsakh national liberation movement .
In 1990 he joined Nagorno Karabagh self-defense forces.
In 1992-1993, he was deputy commander of the Nagorno Karabagh Republic Committee of Defense Forces.
In 1993-1995, he was Nagorno Karabagh Republic Defense Army's Rear Staff Commander.
In 1995-1996, he was the deputy to the Nagorno Karabagh Republic Defense Army's Commander on foreign relations.
In 1996-1997 he was deputy commander of the Nagorno Karabagh Republic Defense Army's 10th highland infantry division.
From 1997 to 1999 he was assistant to the minister of interior of the Republic of Armenia.
From 1999 to 2001 Bako Sahakyan was interior minister of the Nagorno Karabagh Republic
In 2001-2007 he was the head the Nagorno Karabagh Republic National Security Service. He has military rank of major-general.
Since September 7, 2007 he has been President of the Nagorno Karabagh Republic.
Bako Sahakyan has been awarded with many orders and medals, namely, the “Battle Cross” Order of 1st degree (NKR), “Tigran the Great” Order (Republic of Armenia), “Sparapet Vazgen Sargsyan” the 1st degree “ For Service to Fatherland” medals of the Republic of Armenia, “Peter the Great” Order of the 1st degree (Russian Federation).
He is a full member of the Russian Federation Academy of Security, Defense and Legality.
Bako Sahakyan has graduated from the law department of Artsakh State University.
He is married and has two children.
- Artur Hovhannisyan reached the quarter finals defeating Azerbaijan representative
- Komitas 150th anniversary celebration event to beheld in Tbilisi, Georgia
- Kocharyan’s defense asks court to release ex-president on bail
- Stadium after Nikita Simonyan may appear in Russia
- Armen Sarkissian receives international experts, venture investors Luigi Amati and Brigitt Bauma
- Court left Kocharyan under arrest
- OSCE to conduct monitoring on Artsakh-Azerbaijan line of contact
- Today the decision on the request to cancel the arrest of Robert Kocharian will be announced
- Iranian authorities refused to negotiate with US
- Repeat parliamentary elections kick off in Israel
- Humor-Filled Sequel to Where Is Your Groom? to be Staged at Alex Theatre this Fall
- System Of A Down announce Findland concert for June 25
- Large-scale military exercises to be held in Armenia
- Ham Pie Recipe
- ‘Game Of Thrones’ Triumphs At Emmys For Contentious ‘Long Night’ Episode
- The air temperature will gradually go up by 1-2 degrees
- Bako Sahakyan visited the Moshatagh village of the Kashatagh region
- OPEC sees no risks to market supply due to attacks on Saudi Aramco facilities, says source
- Armen Sarkissian highly appreciated Germany former President's great contribution to the recognition of the Armenian Genocide
- Armenian President signs decree on NSS head resignation
- Growth in export of cucumbers from Armenia comprises 174%
- Former German President Joachim Gauck visited Holy See of Echmiadzin
- Armenia’s security chief steps down
- 21st century is going to be a period of technologies, science, human brain and creativity
- Alexis Ohanian to attend his book's Armenian translation presentation in Yerevan