Today we have to make the triple power and potential of Armenia, Artsakh and Spyurk serve Armenia: RA President
The President of Armenia, Armen Sarkissian, on Tuesday issued an address to fellow Armenians on the occasion of Republic Day.
“Today, the Armenian nation celebrates the holiday of the restatement of statehood which has a centuries-long history. We celebrate our Republic Day which signifies the struggle and victories, the unbreakable will of the Armenian people,” the address reads, in part. “The road, which the Armenian nation passed during the formation of the Armenian identity and in the process of the establishment and maturing of the Armenian statehood, is heroic and glorious; our losses only strengthened our desire to live, our mind was channeled towards creation, our power was aimed at establishing peace.
“Let’s be grateful to all those who in 1918 had created the First Armenian Republic, from 1920 – the Soviet Armenia, and in 1991 reestablished the independent Republic of Armenia, to all those who for almost three decades have been preserving it.
“Security and sustainable development of Armenia and the Armenian people is a pan-national issue. And pan-national issues can be addressed only through the pan-national efforts, utilizing the entire potential and abilities of Armenia, Artsakh, and Spyurk [Diaspora].
“We need to form a General National Agenda with the common, paramount issues of vital significance and priorities; each and every one of us should be involved in the process of the decision making of our common issues.
“With this regard, the role of our youth is indispensable. Today, I appeal to the younger generation which lives in Armenia, Artsakh, in different corners of the world and urge them to unite on the soil of our independent Homeland. Today you have the best opportunity to live and advance on your own land, to reckon and dream about tomorrow, to make Fatherland a unified idea and a powerful and viable state unit. We cannot be content with the achievements we had in the past; today we have a historic chance to make our country even better, to make our country even stronger and more than ever we can and we must, all together to make the triple power and potential of Armenia, Artsakh, and Spyurk serve Armenia.
“I am confident that the history of the next centuries of our statehood will be signified by the unity of Armenian nation, new success and victories achieved through the creative labor.”
- Syrian Restaurants in Armenia: A Pinch of Home, A Taste of Exile
- First-ever Armenian-language TV station launches in Turkey
- Аwards ceremony for the winners of 2018/2019 season was held
- Exiled Turkish journalist reunited with family in Germany after 3 years
- Karabakh President visits Askeran, Martakert Regions
- Apple registers 7 Mac notebooks in Eurasian database
- Recipe Corner: Guest Recipe: Baked Spinach and Eggs (Havgitov Spanach)
- Everything you should know about proper nutrition and healthy lifestyle: Lidia Ayvazyan is the guest of Hay Dzayn Today
- Minsk 2019: Lineup of the Armenia Greco-Roman wrestling team
- Pashinyan Faces Traps in and out of Armenia: Armenian Mirror-Spectator
- Yerevan-Tehran roundtrip regular flights launched on June 15
- Yervand Kochar's most famous sculptures
- President Sarkissian congratulated China’s Xi Jinping on birthday
- Armenia's Levon Aronian shares 2nd-3rd spots at Norway Chess
- Today is Republic of Armenia National Flag Day
- 7th Pan-Armenian Summer Games’ torch heads from Turkey’s Van to Karabakh’s Stepanakert
- Today is Armenian prominent sculptor Ervand Kochar’s birthday
- Journalist Deniz Yücel Speaks Out on Arrest in Turkey
- Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon Panossian Gives Kids Smiles in Armenia
- Interview with President Armen Sarkissian: Financial Times of London
- The air temperature will not essentially change
- BMW 8 Series Gran Coupe Leaks То Preview Stunning 6 Series GC Successor
- Vardenis “Andranik” FC won in Armenian youth championship (photos)
- Armenia improves standing in Global Peace Index
- EU will extend Russia sanctions for another year