Today we have to make the triple power and potential of Armenia, Artsakh and Spyurk serve Armenia: RA President
The President of Armenia, Armen Sarkissian, on Tuesday issued an address to fellow Armenians on the occasion of Republic Day.
“Today, the Armenian nation celebrates the holiday of the restatement of statehood which has a centuries-long history. We celebrate our Republic Day which signifies the struggle and victories, the unbreakable will of the Armenian people,” the address reads, in part. “The road, which the Armenian nation passed during the formation of the Armenian identity and in the process of the establishment and maturing of the Armenian statehood, is heroic and glorious; our losses only strengthened our desire to live, our mind was channeled towards creation, our power was aimed at establishing peace.
“Let’s be grateful to all those who in 1918 had created the First Armenian Republic, from 1920 – the Soviet Armenia, and in 1991 reestablished the independent Republic of Armenia, to all those who for almost three decades have been preserving it.
“Security and sustainable development of Armenia and the Armenian people is a pan-national issue. And pan-national issues can be addressed only through the pan-national efforts, utilizing the entire potential and abilities of Armenia, Artsakh, and Spyurk [Diaspora].
“We need to form a General National Agenda with the common, paramount issues of vital significance and priorities; each and every one of us should be involved in the process of the decision making of our common issues.
“With this regard, the role of our youth is indispensable. Today, I appeal to the younger generation which lives in Armenia, Artsakh, in different corners of the world and urge them to unite on the soil of our independent Homeland. Today you have the best opportunity to live and advance on your own land, to reckon and dream about tomorrow, to make Fatherland a unified idea and a powerful and viable state unit. We cannot be content with the achievements we had in the past; today we have a historic chance to make our country even better, to make our country even stronger and more than ever we can and we must, all together to make the triple power and potential of Armenia, Artsakh, and Spyurk serve Armenia.
“I am confident that the history of the next centuries of our statehood will be signified by the unity of Armenian nation, new success and victories achieved through the creative labor.”
- How to increase life expectancy? NEW 15 MINUTES AGO
- ‘Abandoned’ Armenian Properties around the World: Part III
- Serena Williams paired with Maria Sharapova in U.S. Open first round
- Armenian PM congratulates Ukraine on Independence Day
- Trump talks about serving '14 more years' as president: Independent
- UNESCO delegation visits Armenia Ministry of Education, Science, Culture and Sport
- Drinking coffee first thing in the morning can be bad
- Viennese Apple Strudel recipe
- Yerevan among cities Russian tourists keep returning to: study
- Over the next 5 days a high risk of fire is predicted in the valleys and foothills of the Republic
- U.S. offer to sell Patriot system to Turkey has expired: Reuters
- 71-story skyscraper to be erected in Yerevan
- Armenian army delegation attends CIS armed forces general staffs' chiefs session
- What’s The Right Amount of Sleep?: WebMD
- Armenian President repeals decree depriving Vagharshak Harutyunyan of military rank
- Armenian national team U19 defeats Lebanese national team
- Assad forces threaten Turkish observation posts in Idlib
- Japan's tallest skyscraper to be built in Tokyo: NHK
- Artsakh President receives composer Robert Amirkhanyan
- Armenian ambassador discusses advantages of cooperation in IT and tourism with Belarusian Economy Minister
- Central Bank issues Admiral Isakov-125 silver collector coin
- Syrian army declares full control over Khan Sheikhoun
- The only interest I have is Armenia’s balanced interest, PM says on Amulsar
- Lausanne 2020: Opening Ceremony of Games to be held at Malley Ice Rink
- Moscow to host concert dedicated to Komitas's 150th anniversary