The National Christian Youth Summit 2019
THE NATIONAL CHRISTIAN YOUTH SUMMIT 2019
May 1-3, 2019
Applications are open until March 31, 2019
Every year, under the auspices of the Speaker of the Senate, the National Prayer Breakfast is being organized in Ottawa, where leaders from all walks of life meet in the spirit of Jesus Christ.
Since 2006, the National Christian Youth Summit (formerly known as the National Student Forum), has been organized in conjunction with the National Prayer Breakfast to provide an opportunity for youth and young adults to meet and converse with those who serve on and around Parliament Hill.
The Summit allows to participate in round-table and panel discussions designed to help discover what it means to bring faith into our nation be that in schools, churches, politics or the public sphere.
The Summit is also an opportunity for young people to meet other like-minded youth across the nation that are passionate about living out their calling and relationship in Jesus Christ.
For the second consecutive year, the Armenian Diocese of Canada will support youth and young adults from across the Diocese to participate in the National Christian Youth Summit.
WHAT CAN PARTICIPANTS EXPECT?
- Participants from across the Diocese will get an opportunity to dialogue with some of Canada’s leaders on how their faith in Jesus Christ inspires their involvement in politics and the public sphere;
- Participants will get an opportunity to engage with leaders in round-table and panel discussions and connect with other young people;
- Participants will meet each other and make friendship among themselves, as well as with youth from other communities.
APPLICATION AND SELECTION PROCESS
Youth and young adults of 18-30 years of age from across the Diocese are invited to submit their applications.
Individuals interested in participating are requested to submit an application containing a CV and a letter of motivation (max. 1 page). Your Motivation Letter should state your interest for joining the program, and how would you contribute to the development of youth ministry at your local parish. Be creative! Please note that the application process is competitive. Decision on admission is mainly based on the motivation letter, which is why we encourage applicants to put a special emphasis on this document.
Please send your CV and the Motivation Letter no later than March 31, 2019, by email to email@example.com Subject line: National Christian Youth Summit
Applications will be evaluated from April 1 onwards and applicants will be notified on admission until April 10.
In case of any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Diocese at the same email address.
PARTICIPATION FEE AND REQUIREMENTS
The Armenian Diocese of Canada will provide full scholarship to all the selected participants covering return ticket, meals, the cost to attend the National Christian Youth Summit, and Ottawa daily bus tickets.
St. Mesrob Armenian Apostolic Church of Ottawa parishioners have graciously agreed to host the participants during the week of their stay in Ottawa.
Selected participants will have to contribute $50.
- Statement of MFA of Armenia on the adoption of Resolution 296 affirming the US record on the Armenian Genocide by US House of Representatives
- Pushed by latest Turkey aggression, House passes resolution formally commemorating the Armenian Genocide. The Boston Globe
- Today is renowned Armenian actor Sos Sargsyan's birthday
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 2-3 degrees, in the daytime of 20 it will go down as much
- Recipe Corner: Stuffed Roma Tomatoes with Three Cheeses
- Armenian PM, President of Artsakh discuss mutual cooperation in Yerevan
- President of Armenia holds meeting with delegation of Confindustria Russia
- Coffee may be useful in the fight against diabetes, scientist say
- Armenia's Haypost wins first prize at Europa Stamps 2019
- 2,000 CSTO troops participating in Search 2019 exercise
- Nepal, China agree to remeasure height of Mt Everest: Times of India
- One of the rarest coins in the world dating back to 723AD goes on sale for £1.6MILLION
- Aronian and Hakobyan are half a point behind tournament leaders
- Armenian FM, OSCE MG Co-Chairs highlight formation of favorable environment for peace
- Japan Typhoon death toll rises: NHK
- Airbus delegation to visit Armenia at President’s invitation
- Armenian PM receives OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs
- Syrian army enters Manbij to block Turkey’s expansion
- Today is Global Handwashing Day
- Kim Kardashian “emotional” over visit to Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- US sanctions Turkish ministries over Syria offensive
- Remote working may increase stress, reduce well-being: study
- Lepsius House, Genocide Museum Signs Cooperation Agreement
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 3-4 degrees
- Holy Trinity Armenian Apostolic Church Bread Sticks (Simit)